Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Out of interest Andy why did you book a non awning pitch, we learnt the hard way that on a CC site near Belper the non awning pitches are all very inferior, typically grass and on the corners so triangular in shape and right alongside the road

I will now always take a slightly spiteful approach and book an awning pitch, they all cost the same which is another oddity

or more likely not bother with CC club sites, we are only really CC members for the Cls and Scottish club sites which are mainly affiliated anyway

David, sounds as if we might have had a similar pitch in Belper two years back. Backing onto the main road, right in the corner, next to the large hedge.......grass pitch.
It was ok at first, we met a great couple from Milford Haven, then they moved on and a knobhead and his family moved onto the hardstanding next to us.

Large caravan, plus 4 x 4, large awning, took him 2 hours of hammering to secure it. We ended being hemmed into the corner:( They had three sullen teenagers, dreadful taste in music, windows open wide, fair enough it was hot weather, but the Dad never spoke once. Couldn't even say "good morning", miserable sod from Manchester(n)

It was a nice site, but as you say, the pitches close to the road aren't the best. We believe it's now had a complete refurbishment and the pitches are now much larger.

Bill

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
We've just left CC's Godrevy site near St Ives and the warden told me to drive in to the pitch, meaning shade, shade and shade all stay. Yet if we could have reversed in, we'd have had sun, sun & fun. But they wouldn't allow it. Yet someone else on another pitch had the same can layout/Hab door off side and they reversed in!
I also tried pinching a foot when he aligned me up to the peg and he made me reverse out and drive back in so I was level with the marker peg.

Each to their own, but give me a nice big field with a owner who says "Oh you don't need hookup? Go where you want then" any day. Wild camping is not really for us, yet at least - 3 young kids, you need the guarantee of safe outside space for them to play in.

I spend my work time having to adhere to policies and procedures and conforming to other's wishes, leisure time is about doing precisely the opposite, within the obvious boundaries of consideration for others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Nothing wrong with the site and the wardens are the very best. The thread is about the idiot members they have to suffer.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Nothing wrong with the site and the wardens are the very best. The thread is about the idiot members they have to suffer.
Hebden Bridge and I've just booked 3 nights starting tomorrow (y) even though the August price has kicked in

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Suns up but still freezing in the shade
Forecast ahead is good (y)
image.jpg

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They're not complicated and the wardens are there to help the less gifted in the upstairs department BUT you can't educate pork :LOL:

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BTW my present booking was as usual for a non awning pitch(at this particular site) but on my arrival I noticed that the only desirable awning pitch to me personally was not occupied. I polite word with the warden secured a change of booking. I'm centre of site away from the road and the river,near the services and in view of free FON and Astra (y)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're with cc and c&cc .. find the booking system for both is fine .. certainly sympathise with the wardens from both clubs though.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Instruction from CC warden - if driving in front passenger bumper to the peg, if reversing in drivers rear bumper to the peg. Why not just say 'as you look at the peg keep your unit to the right' - Simples!!

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
I can still wind my awning out as it's not an "awning" in the way it is meant
Question 'When is an awning not an awning'
Answer 'When attached to a Motorhome'

While I don't agree with many of the rules of the Caravan Club (the reason I didn't renew my membership) you can't play the rules both ways just to suit yourself!

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
An awning is a big tent of fixed dimensions that requires a specific amount of space. A wind out awning canopy can make use of anything and doesn't need to touch to floor at all (wall brackets)

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
It would be a good idea to check the definition in the Oxford dictionary or Wikipedia before making such a sweeping statement!
I offer no further comment so as not to let the tread descend into anything unsavoury

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am glad I only use CL's. Campsites sound like a nightmare. I have only had one problem on a CL in 10 years. Been on 2 campsites and had problems on both.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Our favourite wardens have invited us out with them to dine on the last weekend of the season. Table for 8 booked. So we get to meet four of their other select customers :cool:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I know why I save £90 a year NOT belonging to either of them, I hate petty people and their petty rules.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back