Is it allowed on a club site? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We have an 8ft wide motor home and a quest pop up 4 sided gazebo which is 8ft square. My question is if we go onto a Caravan and camping club site or a caravan and motor home club site do you know whether they allow gazebos like this pitched next to the van or do they class it as two separate units on one pitch. Rallies and other sites are ok with it but has anyone gone onto the Club sites with motorhome and quest pop up gazebo?
Thanks

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Providing you've got a pitch with awning then I can't see any problem, it's only the same size as a small awning after all

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Yes but is the fact that it's not attached going to be their "ruling" as to not allowing it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Yes but is the fact that it's not attached going to be their "ruling" as to not allowing it?

I see what you're saying, I'd be a bit gutted if it was me they didn't allow it but they do have some funny rules and ideas

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would guess it has to fit all on the hardstanding pitch as well to have half a chance of complying

But I agree with maison, ask and you will be told no, try and you might get away with it :)(y)

touch the grass they will probably shoot you

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Some say a gazebo turns into a kite when the wind gets up so they may not allow its better to ring the site before you go

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have seen gazebos used as you described on Caravan and Camping Club Sites, but I don't know about Caravan Club.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I've used a Quecha Base tent with my van at a C & C C site but I don't know about CMC.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Don't call it a "Gazebo". I have a feeling that they are specifically banned.
I'm sure you will get a mixed response. So long as you have an 'Awning' pitch, just give it a go.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have just asked this very question at Cirencester site. We are buying the same quest pop up and I referred to it as a stand alone awning. They said as long as it fits on the gravel pitch it is fine. I think they even allow pup tents. However here there are lots of pitches that would be to small. In fact the one we chose (don't have the pop up yet) is to small. We got the tape measure out. Now all pitches are meant to be able to take an awning. Choose your pitch carefully!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We've never had problems on club sites as long as it fits on pitch like an awning. We always explain and we put it right next to van like a drive away.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think the reason for bans on gazebos on some campsites is because of the damage they can do with their metal legs & frame if not pegged down or if they break free in high winds - saw this first hand (luckily not us) last year :eek: Pup tents or similar construction shelters with just fibreglass poles are unlikely to cause as much damage.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
This is NOT Warden bashing,but,it all depends on the Warden. After a lifetime of "Pulling my fore....LOCK" and putting on my "Little lost brownie" look,to get around certain officious type people,at times asking if a "blue 'un" would fix it, To people who were in no way connected to caravan sites,it seems that awkward people infest most parts of our daily lives,so if you get knocked back,congratulations...Its been YOUR turn:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Never had a problem with using mine on club sites just refer to it as a drive away awning. If any warden says it needs to be attached to the van I would just use guys and attach to van wheels!! As said by others as long as it fits in your allotted space there shouldn't be a problem.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
At Southview Holliday park Skegness last year .one of our funsters was told to remove his awning as it was not connected to the van .He put a couple of straps across from his awning and was told to remove it or leave the site ,if it is not purpose made they regard it as a tent and tents are not allowed on site .The funsters removed it with my assistance lol.Must admit it looked ok to me .

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Some sites SPECIFICALLY say gazebos allowed or not allowed. Why be seen as awkward or petulant or the neighbour from hell (if it flies away). ASK and then live with the answer: their site, their rule.

Ignorance may be bliss but I've never seen a post suggesting that people should empty their toilets in the sea or churn up the grass or make lots of loud noise (except at Fun Rallies). But they all happen and "give decent folk a bad name".

Gordon

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Note that the user instructions for the 'ScreenHouse' specifically say that they should not be left unattended, or left erected for long periods (excess of 2 days).
I guess they're trying to protect themselves from any consequences, should one fly away.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
You Have a Motorhome?. and therefore a "Drive away Awning"?:). Most of which, Could be referred to as gazebo`s?(y). I had a gazebo up Permanently in Spain. BUT make sure they are well strapped down:(!. My mate`s went "walkies" at the Caravan Club National one year!:rolleyes:.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Just put a table with a small vase of flowers on it. And a teapot and cups. And they will think you are one of them and leave you alone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back