Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
hi guys, can any one tell me what ile de re is like in sept and can you take the dog on the beach in certain areas or are they banned completely ? cheers

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
We were there in June and July and it appears to be dog friendly. While we were there staying at Bois en Plage, there were plenty of dog owners with their dogs on the beach and I didn't see any notices to say any different.
My sister goes there in September and she loves it there, she prefers September to any other month there.

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
thanks longdog, were you staying on a campsite there , that you would recommend ? or has anyone else got any ? cheers garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We like L' Ocean the beach is just across the road and when we were there it was a camping cheque site so very reasonable, it is quite central it's in the middle of the Island, St Martins is a nice place to stop as well and there is a Aire there.

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
thanks longdog, were you staying on a campsite there , that you would recommend ? or has anyone else got any ? cheers garry

We stayed on Les Amis de la Plage, this is a Camping Campeole site. It is literally on the other side of the dunes from the beach and it has it's own private gate to the beach. It is a wonderful location for the beach and sunsets and it is probably the best beach on the entire island.
There is an aire attached to the site but I don't have any info on this apart from the fact that it has a motorhome service point there.
There is a nice little restaurant just outside the main gate and a lovely Logis de France restaurant about 100 yards away. The town with a wonderful covered market is just 15 mins walk or a 5 min cycle ride with a supermarket next to it and a Lidls store that opened in July.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I stayed at the Campeole site ( think it's first site on right after the bridge) Direct access onto the beach. Dogs and cats welcome I found as all mine went through onto the beach. Dogs can ho on beach all year round.
French expect people to be responsible. You pick up your dog's poo because you don't want others to walk in it, you don't want to walk in other's poo. Because they just expect people to be responsible ( in all things) the vast majority are.

Sorry Longdog, hadn't put specs on so didn't read all your post closely! Same site I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for this everybody. We will probably give this a try early Sept. I will have the funsters sticker in the window, if you see it stop by for a drink and say Hello.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back