Is he in the right or is he a nuisance, (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
but again he can park there . he just happens to be staying there. doesnt effect m,homes that use campsites they wouldnt be there any way .
he uses the bins and hasnt as far as we know broken any barriers down .
think its more jealousy that others arent able to enjoy his pleasure in his last few years .

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just imagine what would happen to our streets if we all did this? Lets park where we like as long as we like. How would you like it if a dozen vans did this outside of your home

With "rights" come "responsibilities".

And by the way nobody has the "right" to park on the highway. They can be moved on at any time if they aree causing an obstruction of any sort.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
doesnt bother me .i have one outside my house now and on sunday another member from here will be out there as well. i very often have upto 4 m,homes on my property stopping for a few days .
the neighbors love it .specially some of the expedition ones . old and young stop and have a chat with the owners and want to look inside etc . even better if they have a wood burner putting out some smoke then they really do like to sit inside and get cozy .
some are very old trucks with wooden boxes on the back .
all with tales to tell its great living here . trucks ,old motor bikes . tractors . traction engines ,old buses . just about everyone is into something .
any way op isnt causing an obstruction or the police would have moved him .
might even be bringing hundreds of pounds worth of local trade as folk go and have a look .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Just imagine what would happen to our streets if we all did this? Lets park where we like as long as we like. How would you like it if a dozen vans did this outside of your home With "rights" come "responsibilities".
And by the way nobody has the "right" to park on the highway. They can be moved on at any time if they aree causing an obstruction of any sort.

It is ONE van
The Council aren't bothered
The Police aren't bothered
There are no properties affected
There seems to be more on here that are upset than locals
One 82 year old causing no problems - One motorhome in the whole of the UK ....... ....................

:doh::doh::doh:

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Kabe Travel Master i910 Q
Exp
Since 1990
doesnt bother me .i have one outside my house now and on sunday another member from here will be out there as well. i very often have upto 4 m,homes on my property stopping for a few days .
the neighbors love it .specially some of the expedition ones . old and young stop and have a chat with the owners and want to look inside etc . even better if they have a wood burner putting out some smoke then they really do like to sit inside and get cozy .
some are very old trucks with wooden boxes on the back .
all with tales to tell its great living here . trucks ,old motor bikes . tractors . traction engines ,old buses . just about everyone is into something .
any way op isnt causing an obstruction or the police would have moved him .
might even be bringing hundreds of pounds worth of local trade as folk go and have a look .

Fantastc,sounds a great place you got there Alan,yours and the attitude of your friends suits us,would love to pop in next year on our travels, (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
At no point that I could see did it say the cycle was his - it may belong to his "lady friend", Ladies have been known to ride cycles with cross frames :giggle:.

In Scotland the 3 hour limit to disabled spaces does not apply.

I am disabled and have been advised by the physio to swim and cycle (electric assist bike) - walking isn't as easy as either. I did have a blue badge but have not applied to have it renewed, as on the days when I would use it I can't as I am unable to get to the car! On good days I wouldn't use a disabled bay as others have more need.

He isn't breaking the law but by being there for so long I can see that there will be a by-law preventing camping or cooking in this area sooner rather than later.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you think that's taking the P then go up to Loch Lomond just before Inverbeg on the right hand side layby then you will really know what taking the p**s is. 6 caravans parked in the layby for months on end plus 2 MHs, Portable sat dishes, gazebos, etc etc. Looks like a gypsy site but I have to add they are all lovely people, yes looking for a cheapie holiday as perhaps living within their budget but they are keeping the place spotless, brushing up even outside.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Fantastc,sounds a great place you got there Alan,yours and the attitude of your friends suits us,would love to pop in next year on our travels, (y)
if your down here well pop in . best pm first but theres always room somewhere . i,m sure we could find room for another .
i forgot we have a family into hot rods as well . blown ford pop ,5 window coupe . big chevy for the mum and their daughter as an original fiat 500 with a souped up motor in the back.
looks like a normal street sometimes .

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990
if your down here well pop in . best pm first but theres always room somewhere . i,m sure we could find room for another .
i forgot we have a family into hot rods as well . blown ford pop ,5 window coupe . big chevy for the mum and their daughter as an original fiat 500 with a souped up motor in the back.
looks like a normal street sometimes .

(y)

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
As someone who passes by this parking area virtually every day, I didn't believe he had been there non stop for 3 months but couldn't be sure. Especially as there are often other vans parked in the same area.
The van has been there virtually every day since the story hit the papers, but was not last night (it was parked not far away).
It has been back today, but not sure if staying overnight or moving away for the night.
There are often motorhomes around the esplanade area, some stay longer than others, most only a few days but occasionally a couple of weeks.
I am certainly not making excuses for parking in a disabled bay for such a prolonged period, but there are quite a few such spaces and they are very rarely all occupied.
Up until recently there was dedicated parking for larger vehicles close by which was available for motorhome and caravan parking, but this now has controlled access and signs suggesting it is for coaches and trucks, not sure about motorhomes and caravans.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Saw this chap myself a few weeks ago. Nice guy. He parks right at the end, next to a wall. He's legal, hurting no-one, and is causing no problems. There must be 500 parking spaces along the front at Ayr, which isn't exactly San Tropez these days. He keeps his eye on the parked cars, and it appears that his only crime is to hang a towel out to dry.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Saw this chap myself a few weeks ago. Nice guy. He parks right at the end, next to a wall. He's legal, hurting no-one, and is causing no problems. There must be 500 parking spaces along the front at Ayr, which isn't exactly San Tropez these days. He keeps his eye on the parked cars, and it appears that his only crime is to hang a towel out to dry.

So it's just someone with an axe to grind who is stirring and the papers had a slow day?

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990

Nice one,At 82 yrs old he has probably served his country,done his bit so to speak,good Luck to him,

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
T
Can't believe this is still going on lol ......more people on Here bothered about him than around where he's parked

That is very true.
I'm not a big fan of Faceachebook, but on one of my recent forays on there I saw a link on the story.
A few days ago when I saw it there were 82 comments from locals, all strongly supportive with one exception, and even that one one was broadly in favour.
Not a scientific survey obviously, but it certainly surprised me that there was no one objecting at all.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
That's because in this country where we get taxed and squeezed and ripped off in every way that the government can possibly find ...and most just roll over and take it ........... finding things you can do for free or on a low budget becomes harder and harder .....that old guys probably grafted all his days and probably isn't fortunate to have a large pension fund to live on, he's contributed in his taxes etc but probably now survives on a low income, he can't afford to go haunting off round Europe in his mh for 6 months at a time so he does what he can afford and as the poll, the council reports and the police comments have shown .....Most people don't deny him that ........personally I think good luck to the old guy I think he's doing no harm and at his age il likely do the same stuff and if folks don't like it :p

I think some people forget that not all mh owners have an endless supply of cash ......Some make do with what they have and they don't neccesarily want the same as you do ......

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
That's because in this country where we get taxed and squeezed and ripped off in every way that the government can possibly find ...and most just roll over and take it ........... finding things you can do for free or on a low budget becomes harder and harder .....that old guys probably grafted all his days and probably isn't fortunate to have a large pension fund to live on, he's contributed in his taxes etc but probably now survives on a low income, he can't afford to go haunting off round Europe in his mh for 6 months at a time so he does what he can afford and as the poll, the council reports and the police comments have shown .....Most people don't deny him that ........personally I think good luck to the old guy I think he's doing no harm and at his age il likely do the same stuff and if folks don't like it :p

I think some people forget that not all mh owners have an endless supply of cash ......Some make do with what they have and they don't neccesarily want the same as you do ......
Well said. :clap::clap::clap:

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Disabled?
Also a swimmer?
Also a cyclist?
Yeah, right.

Another overloading piss taker.
You sounded just like David Cameron there :) you ever thought of running for election.

Some people go camping to sit in neat little sites watching others doing the same getting pestered with kids paying silly money for a spot of grass they already pay for in 100 other ways

Me ......i like this away from everyone surrounded by beauty peace quiet and tranquility I leave it better than I found it for the next person to enjoy ....FREE
14074833168030.jpg
14074833399551.jpg
14074833503552.jpg

And incidentally that cottage is empty and derelict before someone says about neighbours :)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Not surprised it's empty, when peeps in motorhomes come and park outside your front door night and day.......:)(y););)
Ha ha well its been empty for at least 10 years ....shame really as it has stunning views as you can see .....its along the very end of Glen etive near glencoe a very popular area with freeloaders like myself who spends an hour or so each time they leave picking up rubbish etc left by those considerate people in cars who come for picnics :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Out of interest, how much tax / contributions would you have to pay and how old would you need to be in order to be given the option to live and let live?

Lisett

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
I'm local to the area and this guy is not causing any issues in the slightest. He is not even close to any of the "nearby homeowners" in the overpriced flats and is not blocking any roads or causing any disruptions.

His 'van is actually looking out over a nice beach and stunning views of Arran which only becomes a problem area when the droves of buses come down from Glasgow for a day at the beach and leave their empty bottles of whatever lying all over the place.

Incidently his is van appears in very good nick and I'm not just saying that because it's a year younger than mine. Which we refer to as vintage not ancient. Hehe

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990

Well said,Nice one Mr Tambo (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back