is c&c c and cc worth it (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have been a member of CC since 2003. In that time only used club site on four or five occasions and never used any other service. Think i have wasted a lot of money. Have resigned CC club but will join Caravan and Camping club because they have decent discounts on rallies in Spain in the winter..

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I just thought you were asking 'I can't see what I get out of this - what do you get, cos perhaps I'm missing summat I haven't noticed that would be good/useful for me'

And basically if you don't want to stay on sites or CLs or THSs or use the insurance services or the discounted ferries or anything else then there is NO point whatsoever in paying a membership fee LOL

We are in a much more expensive club - British Naturism - we very very rarely use it's prime function ie naturist clubs in the UK, it's been years since we've been to one - but it includes membership of the INF which enables us to use sites and clubs abroad ie you don't get in without it, still have to pay camping fees there. But it gets us through the gates.

We have looked to see about joining FFN instead but it ain't much cheaper and would propbably involve having to ask eg Mel if we could use his home address for the purpose, plus it's payable in Euros and all that malarkey, so we've left it.

The other year BN were wondering whether to cease affiliation with INF, in which case we'd have instantly cancelled the DD, as there would have been no value in paying our annual £50+.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Chaser...re the C&Cc...we joined two years ago..and gave it great debate before doing so...mainly to use cls and club sites when we come back to the uk with the motorhome....expensive, but not a lot else on offer in the uk compared to France where we live...as you may know in France we do nothing but Aires.....but in the UK .Portugal, Spain we do campsites...we were members of the CC for many years to many to think about....and I would not rejoin....
Don't forget being a member of the C&Cc (and the Cc) there are the winter campsites in Portugal and Spain if that is the kind of camping you like....But it is a lot of money if you are not using them.....What I will say for the two clubs normally they are very clean and well run....yes toooo official at times:Doh:....a bit like the Jobworthies:winky::winky:

If it was me..I would keep one....and ditch the other...before ditching one ...check the sites of the area's you most frequent :winky::winky:
Yes we are self contained and we always use our onboard toilets and showers....Always...but it is nice to have a safe clean managed site....and there is toilets and showers should I ever need them...(eg breakdown of these two items:thumb:)
Mel

I have just re-read your question....again...and thought is was a valid question to ask other members that do Use the clubs and why and what they get from them for the money they are handing over each year...or to the members who Don't use the clubs what do they use as an alternative...
I did not see it as an attack on what I or other members do when they are away on Holiday ....or am I missing something.. I know I am getting old I even forget my name sometimes:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I am a big believer if unsure of anything or require information on anything.. ASK:thumb:this forum has wide variety of members from all walks of life with a vast amount of knowledge...:thumb: or have I got that all wrong.

So keep asking the questions

Re of my answer above.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I can understand the reason for using them abroad and not in the UK. :Smile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are members of both. We think they have the best deal for Insurance and Recovery,
and by staying at Club sites, as club members, we can save our Membership fee, in club member discounts in about a week. The Magazines are cr*p, but over all we find it's well worth the £40 or so that we pay to each

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We are members of both. We think they have the best deal for Insurance and Recovery,
and by staying at Club sites, as club members, we can save our Membership fee, in club member discounts in about a week. The Magazines are cr*p, but over all we find it's well worth the £40 or so that we pay to each

Basically You can sum it all up

You pays yer money and takes yer choice
both have high and low points::bigsmile::Eeek:
both can be combined with free sites
and both can save you money sometimes:ROFLMAO:
and advice on here is usually good and always cheap:thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Must say also ,even when we have been on fully serviced sites I would much rather use my own conveniances as follow a dozen others across a field to some shed

You must have picked some dodgy sites in the past if your idea of a typical toilet/shower block is a shed at the far end of a field. I've been to a few that came close, but they weren't club sites.

Thats me put in my place then!!!!!:Sad: Is Every one on here in the clubs then?

No...try private messaging JJ or Roger (Wildman) with that question...they'll be choking on their beverage of choice at the very thought ::bigsmile:

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
I always use C&CC sites for security reasons, particularly those with bus stops nearby in order to visit the town or city. Oxford is one of my favourites and the off season prices are very good.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
hi guys
how many of you belong to either of these clubs.
I have been a member of c&c c for 5 years but except for going to club meets in a field for a fiver a night I have found club sites very expensive ( upwards of £20 a night) which I havnt used a lot, and having got my annual reminder that they will be taking £40 out of my account next month I got to thinking do I need them , we go to France and pay nowt and we might as well pay britstops £20 and use them for nowt. dont see how we are going to lose , do you? or do you know better

C&CC are useful for the CSs. I would never use a club site as they are expensive and offer services I don't need. Besides, you don't even need to be a member, so it isn't much of a membership benefit.

In an RV, I'm just looking for a field, a tap and a drain. And CS sites can give you that reasonably reliably for 7 quid a night.

Britstops look interesting, but there is a considerable undercurrent of using the services of where you stop, whether it is a farm shop or pub or whatever. "Free" could soon be a lot more expensive than you bargained for, especially for a cheapskate like me with 5 mouths to feed.

I prefer C&CC to CC, as it allows campers. This means larger fields and a greater chance of suitable children for ours to play with, which means free babysitting and more chance of a chat with strangers around a campfire.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Multiple Showers

With 2 adults and 2 teenagers in our van on holidays, we find that the use of site showers is a lot less hassle than waiting for the Van heater to cope with 4 showers, especially as the teenagers think 10 minutes of constant hot water is terribly stingy.

NorthWestWater recently sent us a free shower timer - turns out they recommend 4 minutes as the "right" time for a shower but when I mentioned this to the family I wasn't popular, some mention of "you know where you can shove that" :roflmto:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
C&CC are useful for the CSs. I would never use a club site as they are expensive and offer services I don't need. Besides, you don't even need to be a member, so it isn't much of a membership benefit.

In an RV, I'm just looking for a field, a tap and a drain. And CS sites can give you that reasonably reliably for 7 quid a night.

Britstops look interesting, but there is a considerable undercurrent of using the services of where you stop, whether it is a farm shop or pub or whatever. "Free" could soon be a lot more expensive than you bargained for, especially for a cheapskate like me with 5 mouths to feed.

I prefer C&CC to CC, as it allows campers. This means larger fields and a greater chance of suitable children for ours to play with, which means free babysitting and more chance of a chat with strangers around a campfire.
thanks for that, begining to think i was on me own on here.
As there is only the two of us and you have got to eat anyway britstops sounds good to me. Or even this new site for campsites that everyone has been getting eatup about today

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I left the CC a couple of years back but rejoined this year because we are doing a bit of touring Scotland April/May and save the membership in a few nights on CLs. Also a member of C&CC because we frequently spend a few odd days in the New Forest and get a members discount. Probably will not renew CC though as we don't often tour in the UK. Also a member of Motorcaravanners club but not sure why as we have never done anything with them.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We are members of both CC and C&CC. I like to know what to expect when I've travelled half way across the country.

The C&CC have rallies that mainly don't need booking in advance at less than £10 a night. They have special interest groups - their Folk Club weekends are good.
However I don't like their site booking system or the fact that they tell you where to pitch.

The CC has a great website and it's easy to book sites - I like to do the grand tour (UK) a couple of times a year just stopping a couple of nights at each site. CC makes this very simple to book with minimal homework required.

We did Cornwall last year and the only site we were disappointed was a Parkhaven one - the rest were CC and were exactly as we expected.

Never tried their rallies as you have to book and pay well in advance.

Might have a look at Britstops and drop C & CC this year just to see what else is out there.

arkrite

Free Member
Apr 24, 2012
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
1 year
CCC

only had mh for a year an only bin on 1 ccc site at teversal. immaculate site toilet block like a 5 star hotel warden looked down his nose when i clipped grass verge reversing onto pitch good reception with basic supplies. advertised with pub nearby turned out to be upmarket restaurant caught bus 3/4 hour to nearest place chesterfield. parking anywhere difficult with 23 ft mh. beautiful well kept site but in middle of nowhere nothing much to do nearby. but with ccc local sections loads of nearby weekend getaways cheap.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We joined the CC purely to benefit from their insurance as we had a MB 608, 1986, at the time and they were the only ones willing to insure an older 6.5t van at a sensible price - also there were no restrictions re.size/age etc. for breakdown (in UK)...
... we still use them for insurance at the moment for the Dethleffs but have Adac for breakdown cover. :Smile:

When in the UK we occasionally use the CLs.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Hear we go again!!! I am in ----CC.C&CC.MCC.M/FUN. A.C.S.I. AIRES IN France,Spain,Germany.I will use whatever is convenient for where I am.I often use car parks in towns if I want to visit there.All the books and articles we cut out of magazines we carry with us are used sometime.
It just depends on what time of year it is and where and what country we are in,and what time of year it is.
I will keep carrying all the tut I have collected over the years,thats why I have a six ton chassis.And the toilets in site have to be b....y clean for my wife to use them.When we stay on site we mostly use our own Cons. HAPPY CAMPING,Do we still call it that!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I didnt want to start this again after I got put in my place, but seeing as it has rose up again , here goes.
Been thinking what I got out of ccc last year, 3 days on a field at farmer parrs fleetwood for £20 , a cancelled meet at llangollen, which they had forgot to tell anyone about, from which we went to a site at the bottom of the horseshoe pass for far less money than a ccc site, a one night stay at a site in folkstone which was a nightmare to get to (ok when you are on it admitted) and a £10 voucher for introducing somone else to join, which they would not honour at Folkstone site , said I had to go through head office, still got it. A mag every month and thats about it for £40

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
As this thread clearly shows, different people get different things out of their membership. It's up to them. There is no 'right' answer. :RollEyes:

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Perhaps none of us showed bother then.Just visit stopenham every now and then.I'v got a south facing,unoverlooked garden with the van already there with hook up,hard standing,toilet emtying point,water tap.Good view of next doors bungalow.would be cheap on diesel too!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Perhaps none of us showed bother then.Just visit stopenham every now and then.I'v got a south facing,unoverlooked garden with the van already there with hook up,hard standing,toilet emtying point,water tap.Good view of next doors bungalow.would be cheap on diesel too!
Whens the next vacency, put me down for it:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back