Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've had ours for about three years now, we got it because it could double-up as a monitor for the computer :thumb:

We are really pleased with it, good sound quality, good viewing angle and overall quality made item. It came with a 3 year warranty at the time.

Avtex after sales are great, we have dealt with them regarding our Avtex AQF431 satellite as well.

Which reminds me, must advertise this Avtex satellite on Jim's classifieds......as we no longer need it now:RollEyes:

Bill

OP
OP
K

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Ta

Thanks for the info I think we will go with the 186 avtex but tell me more about this dish please::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Had our Avtex about 6 months now, got it from John Lewis with 5 year guarantee. Good picture and sound, comes with built in sat receiver. :Smile:

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I bought mine from John Lewis and all their televisions have a 5 year parts and labour warranty, that is why I went there as all the others were offering 3 years. I only bought mine last year.

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
I have a 186DRS and I am very happy with it, excellent picture on all inputs.

One thing I noticed with mine was a "fogging" on the inside of part of the screen, it looked like a child had wiped sticky fingers on it.

Avtex have outstanding customer service, one phone call and they arrange a collection and return within 48 hours by courier and if they can't repair the issue, then they will will replace, a true no-quibble guarantee.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Finlux have cheap 12v combi with dvd & pvr function - so far good picture & sound & better dvd playback quality than Avtex. Option to extend Finlux warranty to 5 years on whole set - Avtex is 3 years on whole set & John Lewis is only 2 on dvd part but 5 on the rest. Finlux don't do any with built in satellite receiver but easy to plug in a small modular one if needed. See
http://www.finluxdirect.com/combi-t...dm/invt/19h6030-dm&bklist=icat,3,shop,tvcombi
£130 for 19" & £170 for 22" plus £45 if you want to extend the guarantee to 5 years. Low power useage & light so ideal for wall mounting. The 22" has a slim surround so case not much bigger than the 19" so can fit a bigger tv into a small space than you may be able to with other makes & fits nicely in a rigid Avtex travel case!

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
We were going to get the 18.5DRS avtex about three weeks ago from J.L, They had them at £299 because another company was selling it at that price.

Should have done it as they went back to normal price of £329 the next day and are now £349..

Hoping they will have a special for Easter or similar deal sometime...:whatthe:

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have had our Avtex for just over 2 years now and we are 100% happy with it.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Over the last 10 years we have had 4 different so called 12 volt TV's . Now bear in mind ours are in use every day so is treated as a normal household TV. We always went for the deal that offered the most for the least money. Every time they have failed - generally on the tuner side so they have remained useful as monitors for the grandkids. Last time we said we would go for an AVtex - perfect - been going now for 3 years without a hitch or blip - a far better quality than others - and even when the warranty runs out it can still be repaired unlike the others - IMHO well worth the money

OP
OP
K

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Thanks to all

I think I will try John Lewis I am in uk this week and next so maybe they have a deal on ::bigsmile:

chromedog

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
I think I will try John Lewis I am in uk this week and next so maybe they have a deal on ::bigsmile:

Bought one last year to take to Spain with me..

Bloo** useless, only has Free sat so many sky channels unavailable, No scart plug to feed a sky box in, came with one pixel gone right in the centre, complained, reply .."One pixel is not considered a fault" but it dove me mad, as it is always there .. and the delay in changing channel or fro TV to Radio seems to long, and found the controls unnecessarily complicated , sold it on and bought a Cello . . much better and cheaper.
They aim it at the leisure industry, they sell by the power of advertising. you don't see them for sale in domestic tv stores, wonder why?

By the way the Sky TV seems to have been switched off now, or at least down to low power, not available down in Benicassim now only BBC in the mornings,,,, Much gnashing of teeth and dish adjusting going on..

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We were going to get the 18.5DRS avtex about three weeks ago from J.L, They had them at £299 because another company was selling it at that price.

Should have done it as they went back to normal price of £329 the next day and are now £349..

Hoping they will have a special for Easter or similar deal sometime...:whatthe:

I was just about to recommend the company I bought one from two weeks ago....Until I checked their listings and saw that theirs too are now £349!!!! :Eeek:

OP
OP
K

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Done deal

We'll all I purchased one after 186 drs and will collect tomorrow
I will put a review on soon thanks to everyone
Mow I need a dish ?

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Bought one last year to take to Spain with me..

Bloo** useless, only has Free sat so many sky channels unavailable, No scart plug to feed a sky box in, came with one pixel gone right in the centre, complained, reply .."One pixel is not considered a fault" but it dove me mad, as it is always there .. and the delay in changing channel or fro TV to Radio seems to long, and found the controls unnecessarily complicated , sold it on and bought a Cello . . much better and cheaper.
They aim it at the leisure industry, they sell by the power of advertising. you don't see them for sale in domestic tv stores, wonder why?

By the way the Sky TV seems to have been switched off now, or at least down to low power, not available down in Benicassim now only BBC in the mornings,,,, Much gnashing of teeth and dish adjusting going on..

Because they made for the leisure industry, caravans motorhomes, boats and the truckers love them, saying that we use the 22" in the kitchen when not in caravan. If I want sky which I don`t, I would only want the sat dish

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back