Is anyone going to the Caravan Salon in Dusseldorf this year? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know Martin. ;) They are great machines, but still too expensive. It's no good comparing them to the American RVs that make it to these shores as Ken did, they are invariably super budget models. But £250,000 to £1000,000 priced Americans are exceptionally well built and specified.
Spacious for sure Jim but I would not give up "my garage" for a bit of interior space so plastic fantastic Euro box for me.

Yes I know there is a Euroliner RV with a garage.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Are you often banished to the Garage then Martin?

I could live in there, carpets, heating LED lighting plenty of wine and nibbles, the only problem (seriously) there is no way of getting out if the door comes down in the wind.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
First time we have had decent internet since arriving in Germany over a week ago.
Arrived at Düsseldorf Mon evening to spend 2 days stayed until Sat.

On paper a Carthgo Chic ticked all the boxes if we could live with shower room in the flesh we found lounge far too cramped so back to Hymer. Came down to two models B678 PL & B678 DL. Dealer we brought the last two vans off gave us an unbelievable trade in price for our Exsis probably more than we could expect selling privately and superb discount on new vans. Surprised to find DL came out more expensive but still a cracking price. Spent all Thursday in the van discussing it boss wanted DL I wanted PL.

Went back into show on Friday had another look at Carthago found Chic e-line had a better lounge but need a step ladder to reach roof lights! Also a bit out of our budget, then discovered a couple of new model Tourers that we liked. Then back to Hymer, our dealer got together with Hymer and shaved another 6k off the price of the DL both assured us it would be the cheapest DL sold in 2017 but had to sign a contract at the show.
Signed contract but as we have a history with our dealer he has given us a 45 day cooling off period.
On the way to Croatia we are going to call in at Carthgo City and Bad Waldsee and make a final descission.
Financially we would be insane not to take the Hymer deal.

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
First time we have had decent internet since arriving in Germany over a week ago.

On paper a Carthgo Chic ticked all the boxes if we could live with shower room in the flesh we found lounge far too cramped so back to Hymer. Came down to two models B678 PL & B678 DL. Dealer we brought the last two vans off gave us an unbelievable trade in price for our Exsis probably more than we could expect selling privately and superb discount on new vans. Surprised to find DL came out more expensive but still a cracking price. Spent all Thursday in the van discussing it boss wanted DL I wanted PL.

Went back into show on Friday had another look at Carthago found Chic e-line had a better lounge but need a step ladder to reach roof lights! Also a bit out of our budget, then discovered a couple of new model Tourers that we liked. Then back to Hymer, our dealer got together with Hymer and shaved another 6k off the price of the DL both assured us it would be the cheapest DL sold in 2017 but had to sign a contract at the show.
Signed contract but as we have a history with our dealer he has given us a 45 day cooling off period.
On the way to Croatia we are going to call in at Carthgo City and Bad Waldsee and make a final descission.
We went to the Hymer stand but they had no Island bed models on display which was disappointing - the boss finds the single bed models "claustrophobic" :whistle:
We are fancying C Tourer l142QB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We went to the Hymer stand but they had no Island bed models on display which was disappointing - the boss finds the single bed models "claustrophobic" :whistle:
We are fancying C Tourer l142QB
What about the i144QB?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Warranty is probably easier to manage on the Hymer than the Carthago.
Do Hymer have that silly 3 month first service? £300 for nothing

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
What about the i144QB?
Is that the C-tourer sport with island bed? SWMBO thinks the separate toilet and shower are a waste of space - we had them in rental van and filled the shower with cr@p....

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Is that the C-tourer sport with island bed? SWMBO thinks the separate toilet and shower are a waste of space - we had them in rental van and filled the shower with cr@p....
Yes C tourer but not the sport, shower most important room in a van for us, can't live without our morning shower. Impressed on getting a sperate shower & loo in a van under 7m, the Hymer we will probably end up with is 7.49m.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes, shower most important room in a van for us, can't live without our morning shower. Impressed on getting a sperate shower & loo in a van under 7m, the Hymer we will probably end up with is 7.49m.
What's the saving over a UK dealer price?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
What's the saving over a UK dealer price?
On the Hymer over 20k plus at least 10k more on the trade in. Its a no brainer and the trade offsets any currency fluctuations.

P.S. OT still not caught up with your interesting thread only had flaky WiFi connections. To tight to buy a sim as we don't know how long we are spending each country, weather is awesome in Germany at the moment.

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Wow what a show, never been before, might go every year now as it makes a nice break as we traveled round Germany for a week after as well. So different being able to take the dog round as well.

Not sure about the parking and some of the tuggers that were there ( some of the travelling community i Believe )

Makes the NEC look like a county show.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On the Hymer over 20k plus at least 10k more on the trade in. Its a no brainer and the trade offsets any currency fluctuations.
Eddie would be proud of you !
£30k takes a lot of earning - beats me why people still pay full price in UK?

No need for a SIM card as from today as Three has added Croatia to it feel at home package

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back