Is an iPad enough? (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I am an Apple convert. I have an I Mac as my main PC but take an I pad with me for all trips. Mainly e mails and general surfing. Not really into,using it to download TV although would watch occasional You Tube videos if the wifi permitted. My I pad has plenty of memory and I have my old I pad which I am hoping to use as a stand alone sat nav. This year we will be away from home for nearly 6 months so I may need to do a bit more such as banking and renewing stuff on line. My question is, apart from not being able to download any 'flash' will the iPad be sufficient/ secure enough for banking etc or would I be better with a laptop. At the minute I back it up to my PC but would have to change that to cloud back up. Also thought if I did banking using a Huawei and sim so I create my own wifi this may be safer. Any thoughts/ ideas welcome please. Travel is only Framce Spain and Portugal.
Thanks

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We spent 4 months travelling the last three winters through Spain and into Morocco.
I have an iPad and an Macbook pro and have .taken both.
I manage my bank accounts and my stock market investments (buying, selling shares) as well as the usual email, farcebook, web browsing etc.
the Macbook only got used for photo editing - there was nothing I couldnt have done just on the iPad.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Basically, yes your iPad, or any other tablet come to that, will be perfectly fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Yes I used my iPad the last 3 years on extended 8 weeks to Spain and used it to pay suppliers and pay in wages & utilities.

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
So buying a lovely shiny new mac book air would just be an indulgence!, shame I really like the look of them.
Joking aside, I am grateful for the answers, I have always been happy with my iPad but wasn't sure if there might be limitations to its use. Presume I am correct in saying I need to,change my settings so I back up to Cloud whilst I am away.

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Madmag, we travel Europe most of the time and so have a similar situation. We have an iPad which I love but I do not use for banking etc because I find it quite limiting. I use my macbook for all banking and admin then I can save, use spreadsheets etc. I generally find that iPad is good for viewing but not creating. We also use our MacBook for uploading all our photo's.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I am an Apple convert. I have an I Mac as my main PC but take an I pad with me for all trips. Mainly e mails and general surfing. Not really into,using it to download TV although would watch occasional You Tube videos if the wifi permitted. My I pad has plenty of memory and I have my old I pad which I am hoping to use as a stand alone sat nav. This year we will be away from home for nearly 6 months so I may need to do a bit more such as banking and renewing stuff on line. My question is, apart from not being able to download any 'flash' will the iPad be sufficient/ secure enough for banking etc or would I be better with a laptop. At the minute I back it up to my PC but would have to change that to cloud back up. Also thought if I did banking using a Huawei and sim so I create my own wifi this may be safer. Any thoughts/ ideas welcome please. Travel is only Framce Spain and Portugal.
Thanks

I only use an iPad
do all my interneting on it
Including banking
As I type I can see my unused Mac
Waiting to used again when need arises

Well I have such need now
To look at a cd parts list for my Alfa spider
Then it will rest again for a year or more

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Many extended trips, don't bother with a laptop or MacBook anymore, can do everything on an iPad including banking, investments, transfers etc and spreadsheets should the need arise, can actually do exactly the same on my phone if need be although it's not as easy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back