is a mobilvetta s73 a reliable motorhome?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by solitaire woman, Apr 13, 2009.

1. solitaire woman

solitaire woman

Ratings:
    +1
    I am thinking of changing my motorhome and have been offered a 06 Mobilvetta s73. I dont know anything about this make of motorhome and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. My concerns are:length is over 7m, is this a problem on ferries, sites etc.
    Payload only seems to be about 470kg which doesnt sound alot for such a large motor home, and finally the brand itself. Is this make known for any major problems. It is a 2.8jtd fiat engine.
    Many thanks for any replies.

2. solitaire woman

solitaire woman

Ratings:
    +1
    Surely someone knows something about the mobilvetta range! Any info greatly appreciated.

3. weymard

weymard

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a mobilvetta euroyacht 195 (7m15) , 10 years ago. Drove 2 years and 70 000 km. Great camper, good insulation (I went to Alpes with -28° C the night and -15° C the day ! 1 bottle LPG 13 kg for heating ,cooking, water heater for a full one week). You must control the water connections, not always perfect ! And control the assembly of vent, the joint is not always perfect, specially if you have a Heiki.
    For the weight, do not believe that you have 470 kg of payload , it is impossible with 7 meter for all quality motorhomes ! With my Euroyacht 195 the REAL payload (controled by me) was 50 kg !!!! My real weight loaded was around 4000 kg !! But i drove 70 000 km without breakdowns. other aspect the wooden veneer may be a little fragile (too thin).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,761
    Hi all I can say is they look very nice and the engine (serviced properly) will give years of trouble free motoring.The build quality looks up there with some of the best marquees :thumb: looking may be different to using ? but go for it :thumb:
    terry

5. Steven Fawcett

Steven Fawcett

Ratings:
    +0
    i have a mobilvetta euroyachat 180 had it three years been spain france and italy
    italian design tastfully finnised no problems nice van