Is 4g safer for online banking than wifi (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
What is 4g please?
I live in Suffolk and it's never been heard of here. :(:(

Richard.
I live in north Suffolk and it's great here, very fast speeds and very few black spots. Waveney area towards Ipswich and in the opposite direction towards Cromer and Sherringham. Download speed currently 38 mbits in Pakefield. Vodafone by the way.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I live in north Suffolk and it's great here, very fast speeds and very few black spots. Waveney area towards Ipswich and in the opposite direction towards Cromer and Sherringham. Download speed currently 38 mbits in Pakefield. Vodafone by the way.
I have given up trying in coastal Suffolk from Felixstowe up to GY and beyond is non existent. That is with EE and Three.

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Which is why I am now with Vodafone. I was previously with o2 but they were variable.
I thought they all shared their area distribution now, obviously they don't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I thought they all shared their area distribution now, obviously they don't.
I don't think they do, they may share some but not all, my local o2 was rubbish weak 3g and certainly hardly ever a decent 4g. Vodafone has really fast 4g and a strong signal. However, this has only been the case for around the last year or so and I know Vodafone are really trying to improve their signal and customer service since they got the s,,t kicked out of them a year or two back. I cannot fault them for customer service or signal and I got a great deal for me and the Mrs just by insisting I wanted something better than was being offered, it was like pushing at an open door and on my recent trip through Belgium,Netherlands, Germany and France I had a decent 4g signal almost all the time with just a few 3g signals in France. If you are on Apple there is an app called "coverage map" you can probably get it on Google as well, it shows coverage or all the networks.

I don't hold a brief for Vodafone and if another network offered a better experience I would change but at the moment despite the advertising by other networks I don't think they can beat Vodafone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back