Irresponsible Dog Owners (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Don't have a dog, but clean up when we look after grandkids dog.
It's not just the cleaning up, we have a very long fence round 3 sides of the house, not unusual to find poo bags which have been chucked over the fence, at the moment there is one by the front gate. Just hope we have thm on cctv.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That was our problem within the EU.
Other nations decided whether to apply and obey the laws.
The UK jumped on the laws and imposed them immediately, punishing transgressors however small or stupid the ruling.
If we had taken the attitude of most of Europe then possibly the EU would of been better thought of and we wouldn't be in the mess we now are.

French dog owners have never cleared up dog mess, I expect it's there attitude to life. If they are not happy with things they will be out on the street, we just moan.
Be interesting when we leave the number of blockades at the channel ports as we try to export our goods. They are very nationalistic and will protect their business, regardless of laws stopping it, not much help if the law protectors also agree with France first.

NOT an EU thread just a thought on the way other European countries behave.
But surely if blame is to be attached then it is to the UK. It is irrational to blame the EU for the actions of UK governments surely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
that was a dog out of control and it's against the law..

On walks along the coast, or fields I keep my two on the lead unless I can see there is no one in sight, especially another dog walker.. but quite often the other dog walker coming toward us will let their dog run up to mine , saying.. don't worry he/she is very friendly .. yeah sure.. tell that to my JRT, he quite naturally sees this as an attack and goes into defensive mode to protect himself and his "friend" our Cairn Terrier.. this sometimes results in a fight.. my pair on their lead while the other dog circles and tries to attack.. so I carry a walking stick to fend off an attacking dog.

No dog is 100% friendly or safe.. had dogs all my life and always remember.. they are domesticated animals with wild dog genes deep within their DNA .. you can never know when or if a dog will change from a lovely adorable pet into a wolf .

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public
Absolutely. Being allergic to dogs I am vary wary of them when out walking and will deliberately change direction to avoid contact if necessary.
Most owners are responsible but there are several who become at least affronted, if not aggressive, if one points out (politely) that their animal is not under control.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I carry bags for use when walking on pavements or footpaths and take it home .. but when out in the country I flick it into the hedge with my walking stick..
Exactly! Wish more would. The amount of dog poop abandoned on footpaths or left in the grass verges or, worst of all neatly bagged and hung on a branch!!! :mad::mad::mad: Which is just lovely for those of us who volunteer to maintain our paths which includes cutting back long grass, overgrowing hedges etc. Been a dog owner all my life. If you have a dog take its poop and put it in a bin or take it home and bin it there, its your responsibility. Don't want to do it, then don't have a dog!

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Have to agree that the French have a couldn't care less attitude to dog mess.
Wild camping down in Almeria area and two French vans pulled in. They just opened the doors and let their dogs out to roam. One decided to do its business near us. I went over and using suggestions etc pointed out the problem. Showed the owner exactly where it was and he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Gggrrrrrrr.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Absolutely. Being allergic to dogs I am vary wary of them when out walking and will deliberately change direction to avoid contact if necessary.
Most owners are responsible but there are several who become at least affronted, if not aggressive, if one points out (politely) that their animal is not under control.
It comes as such a surprise to many dog owners that not all are dog lovers,,Some people are terrified of them and they cant understand why..I have no dogs now but there are too many irresponsible owners today..I think there are just too many pets around.BUSBY:D:D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Some beaches in Spain dogs are allowed between high and low water mark thus allowing any of the solid stuff to be washed away

How does a dog get from a CP to below the high waer mark if he/she is not allowed on the beach above the mark?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back