LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Many of you will have met Goff (Geoff) Harper at Van Bitz over the years! Like all of our sales staff Geoff served him time in the workshop before starting to help with technical enquiries leading to sales enquires as the years went on.

He has hammered home the importance of security. Well! He recently bought a motorhome, a newer replacement for his old van.

Now retired, he lives in the Midlands and covers in the office for mainly the NEC shows in February and October which are the only two shows Van Bitz exhibit at, so working a couple of months a year to keep his hand in.

Well, due to Van Bitz busy workshop schedule, and because last weekend he was due to travel to Van Bitz for work anyway, staying on our campsite in his new van, we (Van Bitz) were due to install a Growler motorhome alarm system this week.

Sadly, ironically :giggler: (shouldn't laugh) his motorhome was stolen from drive last week!

We have the video of the three thieves pushing the van off of the drive!

They totally ignored Geoff's original van, on the other side of the drive and nicked the unalarmed motorhome!

Looking on the bright side for Geoff , it was insured and the spare workshop time has been used upgrading the existing Strikeback to our Growler system as he has decided to keep his original van for a while

So a lesson to us all!, Geoff had been keeping his car parked in front of his new van whilst waiting to get it alarmed, and that night, he had been out, came home and just parked his car and went in, not blocking the motorhome in!

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Was it a Ford based MH? Perhaps they're getting short of spare parts in the Midlands !!! Geoff must be gutted :eek:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Was told by a van spares dealer that most stolen transits are dismantled and the parts are put into a container and exported to Africa.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a bummer. Goff must have sold the benefits of an alarm 1000's of times over the last thirty years. I bet he's quicker to get blue lights on the insurance replacement :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Goff

Funster
Oct 27, 2014
kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Hobby premium van 65
Exp
45 years
What a bummer. Goff must have sold the benefits of an alarm 1000's of times over the last thirty years. I bet he's quicker to get blue lights on the insurance replacement :D
While we are talking about the replacement how about a bit of crowd funding to help the poor old pensioner get his new van that he can but the blue lights on

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
While we are talking about the replacement how about a bit of crowd funding to help the poor old pensioner get his new van that he can but the blue lights on
Poor lol :LOL: ;)
Can you hurry up and sort insurance out. I can sell you a new van then!
If you do, I am prepared to have you round for a film night again and I will even do kippers on toast!

xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back