Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
This trip no iron.

Usually I do have a travel iron and it does get used as patchwork and quilting are my passion and you need to heat set seams. I do not iron clothes when away :) At hoe I do the minimum. My Mum thinks I'm a mess and feels sorry for Martin..... she irons towels and bedding!!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have a small iron in the van but the last time it was used was by Colin to wax the skis!!
This trip no iron.

Usually I do have a travel iron and it does get used as patchwork and quilting are my passion and you need to heat set seams. I do not iron clothes when away :) At hoe I do the minimum. My Mum thinks I'm a mess and feels sorry for Martin..... she irons towels and bedding!!!!
you are allowed an iron for hobbies!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
This trip no iron.

Last time I did patchwork it was 1/12 scale for my Dolls house years ago Love the beautiful designs image.jpg

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
You should be sent to the belly locker for that comment, very likely to cause offence! Tee hee
True story.

Many years ago I saw a lass from work in a pub with her new g/f.
I bought them a drink and joined them.
I asked if I may ask them a question.

I said "Do you have an ironing board each or do you share one?"

Luckily Dionne loved me to bits :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sometimes I want to click the spanner but it has nothing to do with a post being useful, could this be a dual purpose button? :whistle:
... I never knew it was supposed to be a spanner ... it always looks to me like one of those kids rockets made with a lemonade bottle!!! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
True story.

Many years ago I saw a lass from work in a pub with her new g/f.
I bought them a drink and joined them.
I asked if I may ask them a question.

I said "Do you have an ironing board each or do you share one?"

Luckily Dionne loved me to bits :)
Seriously!!!???

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
... I never knew it was supposed to be a spanner ... it always looks to me like one of those kids rockets made with a lemonade bottle!!! :D

I thought it was a carrot....:)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Rite! listen you lot!. all this talk of ironing, just after I have been to the pub ( The Hedland Red is awesome, especially at £2.30 pint) is not on!.(y) And I got Brownie points for Supporting a EU out vote (I think?)

So, Iron the FRONT of the Dress shirt ONLY. (no one sees the back, and the cummerbund covers the Middle), Iron the Crotch (excuse me ladies) of the "jockeys" (got to look after the "jewels" even if 73 years old!) NEVER iron Bedding, (SWMBO disagrees!). Hanging "stuff" in the shower, is acceptable and mostly the creases dry out anyway. :):)

BTW the Iron we had in the R-V is now too heavy for the reduced payload of the Rapido. So Granddaughter has been given it to take to UNI. (Yeh! Result!!).:LOL:(y)

Pete

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When I was at uni (all those years ago) the male and female accommodation was segregated by floor. Men on floors 1 to 4 and women 5 and 6. The women's kitchens had irons and ironing boards. The men's did not. The guys used to come and use the ironing facilities. The notice in our kitchen read:

"Yes, I could do the ironing for you.
Yes, I would be faster
and make a better job of it
but you are at this establishment to learn.
Ironing is just one of the many learning opportunities on offer."

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
After reading all these comments I have come to the conclusion that I need therapy because I do have an iron and fold up ironing board and I use it! Not often I must admit as I hang clothes to dry as crease free as possible but I do have a fe things that just look better if ironed. If off grid I plug into the inverter otherwise I just wait until I want to wear it.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
It's all I can do to get the occasional cuppa out of the other half in return for each 4 hour stint that I do behind the wheel.

Not really enough room for all that ironing nonsense, so we choose our travel clothes carefully and manage fairly well. If we did need it, tee shorts are cheap, and there are always laundrettes that offer ironing in Portugal and Span

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I never iron but Terry likes his ironed and does his own. Can't do it on low wattage sites as the iron is 2000watt so un ironed clothes stay in the cupboard.I just wear stuff until creases fall out but he won't.

Deleted User
I actually used our travel iron for 1st time yesterday! (been in van 2 1/2 years) After ironing my t-shirt it looked too neat, put it back in cupboard to re-crease and picked another t-shirt. Think the iron can go, make room for another bottle.

Lin :)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
ironing!? and in the moho? not a chance..

only shirts used to get done for the then hubby, and after he buggered off over 35 years ago, the iron got relegated to a cupboard somewhere it still resides.......i think..
careful washing, airing, and choice of clothes means i haven't yet felt the need to go search for it.. :ROFLMAO:

mind you, if they made something for our body and facial wrinkles i might just be tempted, but probably not, i am what i am, love it or leave it..:)

life is now too short for unnecessary chores..

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ironing!? and in the moho? not a chance..

only shirts used to get done for the then hubby, and after he buggered off over 35 years ago, the iron got relegated to a cupboard somewhere it still resides.......i think..
careful washing, airing, and choice of clothes means i haven't yet felt the need to go search for it.. :ROFLMAO:

mind you, if they made something for our body and facial wrinkles i might just be tempted, but probably not, i am what i am, love it or leave it..:)

life is now too short for unnecessary chores..

Perhaps he didn't like the way you ironed his shirts ! Xxxx

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Easy peasy, this little gadget is perfect of you really must have your clothes ironed.

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I don't have an iron in our camper and manage to buy and pack clothes that look ok without ironing. However, that means I have a whole different wardrobe to wear when we are at home, I'd like to say that that means I'm never short of something to wear - but I know I'd regret that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back