Free Member
Jul 4, 2018
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Elddis
Exp
1 year
Hello, I'm considering purchasing a solar kit and have been told that a certain type of panel works better in cloudy conditions, can anyone confirm which this is please?? Ta muchly.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
that will be the one produced by the leprechaun company (y):LOL:
I don't think you need worry to much about the type of panel.. a bit thought about the type of controller you buy may pay more dividends... they say an mppt controller will give a better return in poorer conditions..
Andy

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Easy Peasy... fitted solar panel and plug it directly to a 12v sunlamp and direct said lamp at panel and you have power in clouds and even when dark..😎😎😎😎😎😎
Sorry being facetious.. as Andy 63 says it is really the controllers that make the difference..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Don't forget the dark light conversion kit so it charges at night also(y)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
Don't forget the dark light conversion kit so it charges at night also(y)

Not here yet but not an impossibility - thermoradiative cells built into solar panels!!

As Andy63 pointed out the controller is very important and MPPT controllers have a reputation for better power generation in low light conditions. Based in south of Ireland and changed from a SunSaver Duo to a Victron 75/15 and very happy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hello, I'm considering purchasing a solar kit and have been told that a certain type of panel works better in cloudy conditions, can anyone confirm which this is please?? Ta muchly.
Monocrystaline panels work better when light levels are low but I'm not sure the difference is significant. The main advantage of monocrystaline panels is they are slightly smaller which makes a difference if space is tight on the roof.😀

OP
OP
M

MarkP

Free Member
Jul 4, 2018
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Elddis
Exp
1 year
Some sensible people!! 😄
Was waiting for the inflatable dartboard suggestion 🙄
The kit I ordered is mono with the victron controller so fingers crossed it'll work out! Thanks everyone (nearly!) 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back