Ireland Info please (1 Viewer)

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
We are heading over to Ireland for approx 3 weeks (mid June) my question is has anyone got any general tips for motorhoming in Ireland and any advice on good camps or wilding camping spots or places/ camps to avoid in Ireland both North + Republic.

Thanks

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
If you come out Mayo way don't miss out on Westport and the coast towards Louisburgh. There's a couple of campsites and people wildcamp on Old Head pier and in Louisburgh town ther's a carpark down at the river.
Diesel is roughly €1.46ish a litre and petrol a bit dearer.
If you look in my photos in my profile page you'll see some photos of around here.
Achill also has good beaches and a big campsite at Keel right on the beach.
Enjoy. bring a mac as it's raining at the mo but thats Ireland for you!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We are heading over to Ireland for approx 3 weeks (mid June) my question is has anyone got any general tips for motorhoming in Ireland and any advice on good camps or wilding camping spots or places/ camps to avoid in Ireland both North + Republic.

Thanks

We're going over 8th June, returning 22nd - we will look out for your funster sticker!

We will be in the South & West, Cork, Kerry, Dingle etc.

Best regards

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sandied

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
2 years
Ireland

Hi Deborah

If you look under Ireland in the "wild camping" forum there is quite a bit of information on there. We went over in March and had a wonderful time. We are just about to leave to come up to Norfolk for a few days but will be pleased to help if I can when we get back.

Regards Sandie

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi we were in Ireland in March and posted these threads!

We arrived back at Camac Valley once again this afternoon after two weeks with relatives in Mayo.

On our pitch here at Camac Valley

2hol7bl.jpg

The shower bock here at Camac

k06m1l.jpg

Parked at my aunts farm in Swinford Co Mayo

16j58hf.jpg

Regards Pat

Hi we left this site this morning (Thursday) after two days. A nice clean site with excellent facilities but miles from anywhere, a local garage and shop have closed so the only alternative is to drive roughly 4/5 miles to Roscrea. The town is a typical small grey Irish town with a few shops plenty of pubs (some of which serve great homemade food) there is also one giant Dunnes store!

1ij4w4.jpg

34no1so.jpg

2dbj5nr.jpg

iwuc7n.jpg

Hi just moved yesterday from the Blackwater Campsite very near Fermoy Ireland.

A nice campsite which is unusually close to a town about 500 yards in fact. Easy to find, level pitches ehu showers (Token required) washing machine and dryer (Token required) a swimming pool/park next door.

Fermoy has numerous small pubs takeaways and a couple of restaurants and two big supermarkets Lidle's and Supervalu.

We enjoyed 4 days here and even found a free wifi connection from the site but it was a slow connection.

Pat the owner of the site is really nice and in fact opened up early for us and some friends

2lb13lj.jpg

We have just had two lovely nights at the Bayview Campsite near Dungarvan Ireland.

http://www.bayviewcaravancamping.com/

Really nice site with really friendly staff, there is a hotel about 200yds away with a very nice bar, also a golf club next to the hotel. Dungarvan is quaint little town again with typical friendly people and great views out over the bay!

n3oyw.jpg

vyxmvs.jpg

30ix6kg.jpg

scxv6b.jpg

2egeecp.jpg

A fantastic sunset last night!

2mg8qhf.jpg

Regards Pat

marymary

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
mid wales/shrops border
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Returning newbie..
I found the SNI (safe nights Ireland) website and it looks like a good idea too.....:thumb:

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
We're going over 8th June, returning 22nd - we will look out for your funster sticker!

We will be in the South & West, Cork, Kerry, Dingle etc.

Best regards

Catherine

Will keep an eye out for you too! Have a great time & please take the sunshine with you! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
If you come out Mayo way don't miss out on Westport and the coast towards Louisburgh. There's a couple of campsites and people wildcamp on Old Head pier and in Louisburgh town ther's a carpark down at the river.
Diesel is roughly €1.46ish a litre and petrol a bit dearer.
If you look in my photos in my profile page you'll see some photos of around here.
Achill also has good beaches and a big campsite at Keel right on the beach.
Enjoy. bring a mac as it's raining at the mo but thats Ireland for you!

Thanks Sue will have a look at your photos, will definately be heading your way as have been told the scenery is fab :Smile:

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Deborah

If you look under Ireland in the "wild camping" forum there is quite a bit of information on there. We went over in March and had a wonderful time. We are just about to leave to come up to Norfolk for a few days but will be pleased to help if I can when we get back.

Regards Sandie[/QUOTE

Will have a look at the wild camping forum and will look out for you here in Norfolk. Have a good time, weather still warm & sunny here :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back