iPhone and iPad memory expansion (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I realise that and I do something similar with a 3TB Apple Time Capsule but cloud storage is useful both as a remote back up and to be able to access your data when out of range of your storage device. One example that I use is that I will work on something in the office and be able to carry on with it at home as well without needing to carry a device.

But I am never out of range of my storage device!!!

JJ :cool:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
But I am never out of range of my storage device!!!

JJ :cool:

That's cos you has one of your butlers carry it round for you. (y)

I'm frequently several hundred miles out of range of mine (y)

Reactions: JJ
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
So unless your taking hi def video or doing pro photography this would do just the same?http://m.mymemory.co.uk/product?p=36261&

If by the same thing you mean store just under 32gb of data then yes. If you don't care about access speeds I suppose it would be OK. Buying it from somewhere like, or any other offshore company, I would be concerned about whether or not it actually was a genuine SanDisk one.

The read and write speed would be no good for a lot of things though - even for amateur photographers it wouldn't be quick enough and if you were storing films or video on it and wanted to play them back directly from the card you would have to expect quite a lot of buffering.

The one I linked to would be for HD video really but the question was a 32gb card for more than £30 which it is.

In my cameras I have 90MB/s ones and they still aren't really quick enough for sports work. I write to CF cards as much as possible.

If you don't want to spend very much you could get Broken Link Removed, nearly twice as fast and definitely genuine for only £3 more than the one in your link

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic is this the sort of card you are talking about?
Broken Link Removed

Nope. Wouldn't have one if they were going to pay me to use it.

I prefer SanDisk when it comes to SD cards and I will only buy them from somewhere I trust.

They are too important to me to risk having a cheap one, or worse a chinese copy of a decent one, fail on me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Perhaps one day they will provide expansion slots and standard usb slots once apple catch up:whistle:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Perhaps one day they will provide expansion slots and standard usb slots once apple catch up:whistle:

I doubt it. The way all device storage is heading, be it Apple, Android, Microsoft or anyone else, is towards Cloud based services.

Rather than seeing more ports and sockets appearing on your devices look for the ones that are already there disappearing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back