iPad/phone to TV lead purchased (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Seen a few posts about getting tv from certain devices and got this lead today and can say it works a treat, picture was a little grainy on my 65” home tv but will be good enough on the 21” mh tv... picture of lead as I can’t seem to copy link..

914EAE40-0ED3-42B8-97FC-3AFBF6195637.png

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That’s what we use for streaming TV when traveling.
We download some programmes too, just in case the 3G is a bit slow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Can’t wait to see how you get on with this.
Last time I used ours to watch Moto GP I got sound but a frozen picture.
Had to watch it on the phone :mad:

Worked ok at home though so guessing it was a data issue speed wise.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've got the Apple version. Does the same thing.

Be aware that some apps won't permit connection to an external display. SkyGo is one prime example, there are lots of others. Some will work with certain content but not all - iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video.

If this happens it's not a fault with the cable and it's not an Apple (or Android for that matter) device issue.

It's a restriction by the app developer who usually cite licence issues.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Got it from eBay, no app needed, need to plug the usb into a power socket otherwise it won’t work. Comes with a small leaflet of instructions iPad or phone comes up with “trust this computer” press ok and good to go..

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I've got the Apple version. Does the same thing.

Be aware that some apps won't permit connection to an external display. SkyGo is one prime example, there are lots of others. Some will work with certain content but not all - iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video.

If this happens it's not a fault with the cable and it's not an Apple (or Android for that matter) device issue.

It's a restriction by the app developer who usually cite licence issues.

Do you happen to know if the same happens if you try and play the content through a browser on your phone instead of through an app?

Though for the price I'll get one anyway for the stuff that it does work on.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry if I'm hijacking thread but what's needed to connect android to TV please ?
Phone has mini usb and TV has usb scart and hdmi.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Do you happen to know if the same happens if you try and play the content through a browser on your phone instead of through an app?

Though for the price I'll get one anyway for the stuff that it does work on.

Depends on the service provider I think. I don't think it's possible to access all of them via a mobile browser.

There are other ways around it though.

SkyGo for example will support external displays if using a computer/laptop. It needs to be a real one though, not a glorified tablet. Also where Xbox and Playstation versions of an app or service are available they obviously support external displays.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Bought the Apple one last week in Spain which cost 50 euros, connects the iPad to the tv. Watching BBC iPlayer through TunnelBear VPN and works very well.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Bought one in Portugal for €35. Felt a bit ripped off but it worked-for a while.
I was able to watch BBCi player or live BBC tv using Tunnel Bear. But after disconnecting it to move to another site, when I connected it up to iPad it wouldn't work but it did connect to iPhone 6. Unfortunately, don't have Tunnelbear or iPlayer on iPhone. Lead doesn't work with ITV or Channel 4. Get sound with those but no picture. Same thing with Amazon Prime.
Don't have Netflix.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back