LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Ha the iPad won't let me post a link! Or rather I haven't figured out how get! Anyhow it was as royal support off Amazon, says nothing about the IPad though??
This predictive text is getting worse, wtf is a royal support, that SCROTAL support!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Tried visiting the site on my chinese speshul android phone (£64 to you john, very speshul), when looking at my pathetic attempts to post on the laptop later I vowed never ever to make such an arse of myself again!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Tried visiting the site on my chinese speshul android phone (£64 to you john, very speshul), when looking at my pathetic attempts to post on the laptop later I vowed never ever to make such an arse of myself again!
No control, alt or delete key on an iPad so there must be other ways to copy and paste a link which I will figure out, after thirty years of windows, it's my new challenge!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
No control, alt or delete key on an iPad so there must be other ways to copy and paste a link which I will figure out, after thirty years of windows, it's my new challenge!

Mrs BB has an iPad mini (she's never used anything of an IT nature before) and swears by it but I can't make head nor tail of it. Tried to set up air drop to a non air drop Epson printer..............doh. Had to call the 12 year old in, she did it in about a minute and a half and was so fast I couldn't follow what she did. When asked to describe how she'd done it...............the look oh my God,:eek: the look! :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Mrs BB has an iPad mini (she's never used anything of an IT nature before) and swears by it but I can't make head nor tail of it. Tried to set up air drop to a non air drop Epson printer..............doh. Had to call the 12 year old in, she did it in about a minute and a half and was so fast I couldn't follow what she did. When asked to describe how she'd done it...............the look oh my God,:eek: the look! :eek:
I didn't think you could do that! Going to have to get me a 12 year old!! How do you do that?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I didn't think you could do that! Going to have to get me a 12 year old!! How do you do that?

Surrogate granddaughter and sole beneficiary of the joint Bassett will. Sharp as a razor and so IT savvy it's breathtaking. She starts for school at 8 and rarely comes home till 6.30 and often later (Christ College, Brecon what a superb school.). Her quest for knowledge is amazing and we love her to bits. All small villages in Wales have loads of these!:xgrin:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Now that's "How do you set up airdrop to a non airdrop Epson" NOT "How do you get me a 12 year old" obviously!!

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Press and hold your finger on the area to be copied and you'll get the option to select, select all and paste. Use select to highlight a small area of text or select all to grab all of the text in the box / navigation area. Move to where you want the text to be pasted and press and hold again, then select paste.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ha the iPad won't let me post a link! Or rather I haven't figured out how get! Anyhow it was as royal support off Amazon, says nothing about the IPad though??
Is this a coded message? My guess is it was Colonel Mustard in the library who did the deed with a tablet, but as to what sort of tablet, evidence is lacking.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Is this a coded message? My guess is it was Colonel Mustard in the library who did the deed with a tablet, but as to what sort of tablet, evidence is lacking.
Yes, predictive code, see next post!!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Press and hold your finger on the area to be copied and you'll get the option to select, select all and paste. Use select to highlight a small area of text or select all to grab all of the text in the box / navigation area. Move to where you want the text to be pasted and press and hold again, then select paste.
Now, let's see if this works look Here. NOPE

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
This might have something to do with the forum reply box. If ( with windows) I wanted to include a link under the word here, I simply highlighted the link in the other web page come back here, click the paper clip above and insert url. They IPad won't let me do this, (yet)

If I click on an empty space paste cut etc flashes momentarily so, so far, I can't paste using my iPad

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
This might have something to do with the forum reply box. If ( with windows) I wanted to include a link under the word here, I simply highlighted the link in the other web page come back here, click the paper clip above and insert url. They IPad won't let me do this, (yet)

If I click on an empty space paste cut etc flashes momentarily so, so far, I can't paste using my iPad

See this thread: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/cut-and-paste-apple.98656/#post-1224798; there appears to be an issue with IOS 8.1.2

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looks like it's my all new all singing and dancing APPLE IPAD then, wtf do they release software bug fix updates with software bugs in them?
Oh yes, both Android and Apple have issued software updates which have caused folks' devices to misbehave.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Looks like it's my all new all singing and dancing APPLE IPAD then, wtf do they release software bug fix updates with software bugs in them?

IPads are good, but they are not perfect; my ipad's internet browser, Safari, closes itself quite regularly and I've crashed my BIL's Mac several times, even though he originally claimed that it never crashed and thought that the sun shone from S Job's backside. He is still a fanboy but not quite as certain about their reliability.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I dread asking, but if it'll help I will when I get home tomorrow!:)

@dabhand

The 'expert' was in Hamburg on my return home visiting family (extra week off school for clever little ladies at Christ College) however this was her response to the query:-
Make both printer and iPad visible to each other on your wireless LAN and print......................all said with a sigh between each word.............when I said what do you do if the printer isn't wireless?.......................she became a 12 year old teenager and replied........................'you don't'.:xrofl:
I could see that there were words she would have added to that last statement but her Dad was present so she bit her tongue and gave me one of those 'looks'.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
@dabhand

The 'expert' was in Hamburg on my return home visiting family (extra week off school for clever little ladies at Christ College) however this was her response to the query:-
Make both printer and iPad visible to each other on your wireless LAN and print......................all said with a sigh between each word.............when I said what do you do if the printer isn't wireless?.......................she became a 12 year old teenager and replied........................'you don't'.:xrofl:
I could see that there were words she would have added to that last statement but her Dad was present so she bit her tongue and gave me one of those 'looks'.
Now I kind of thought this anyway but thought you might have found the next technoboff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back