IPad charging (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
My iPad is approximately 5 years old, it is only for the past year that it has been used as my main computer. Nowadays it takes up to 9 hours to get it to fully charge. I use the same charger for my phone and it takes a couple of hours maximum.
I have looked online and cannot fathom whether I can put a new battery in the iPad. Maybe at the age it is would I better buying a new one.
Any thoughts please.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The battery can be replaced. If you live near an Apple shop you could take it in for them to look at it.
There are other options but there have been issues with unauthorised repairs of Apple stuff. They like to keep things in house. :)

But a new iPad isn't too expensive. It would be worth comparing the difference in cost between repair or replace.

Apple shops look like this I think. :)

promo1_e.jpg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I recently bought a new one. I was having problems because storage full. The IOS system took up over half the 16gig and I had a lot of photos. I could have removed the photos to the cloud, but I like having them all available even when not on WiFi.
New one 128gig. Have a look at how much storage you have spare. If getting near the limit then probably not worth expense of repair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A phone charger is NOT the same, you will find phone chargers are only rated at 1 amp.
Tablets use 2 amp chargers.. (y) hence the slow charging.

ps.. If you get a 2 amp one then no issues to also use that for your phone :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back