Ipad Air Mega Upgrade Problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Connected my Ipad to computer to download photos and after repeated reminders decided to download to newest IOS 8.3. Big mistake , screenshot indicated 4-5 hours OK thought I and left it overnight. Woke p to an error message and a dead Ipad. Phoned helpline and chatted to a very friendly lady in the States at local UK telephone rates, will fix it she said so after 30 minutes nope its dead and I have to attend an appointment to have it replaced. I am fuming apparently all the data on it is now lost. Will I buy another, never! my OH's Samsung is far superior in many ways, So a 50 mile drive tomorrow evening to have it exchanged then reload all my stuff back onto my "New Ipad" oh joy.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I am fuming apparently all the data on it is now lost.

I understand your frustration, something similar happened to me when the power went off during an upgrade. However most of your data will
have been backed up when you connected to the computer. It may even have happened automatically if you use iCloud. Any apps etc can be retrieved from iTunes. All may not be lost.
I had he other experience with a samsung phone, I found it much more complicated to use than iphone.
Good luck.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Connected my Ipad to computer to download photos and after repeated reminders decided to download to newest IOS 8.3. Big mistake , screenshot indicated 4-5 hours OK thought I and left it overnight. Woke p to an error message and a dead Ipad. Phoned helpline and chatted to a very friendly lady in the States at local UK telephone rates, will fix it she said so after 30 minutes nope its dead and I have to attend an appointment to have it replaced. I am fuming apparently all the data on it is now lost. Will I buy another, never! my OH's Samsung is far superior in many ways, So a 50 mile drive tomorrow evening to have it exchanged then reload all my stuff back onto my "New Ipad" oh joy.

If you save to i cloud all may not be lost
It will be the same as before
Was when I changed my phone( damaged cheaper to exchange than 3 rd party repair)
When I changed the phone to a i 6 just the same

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
:)I have only just arrived at my house in Spain and therefore not seen your post before. What I am going to tell you will sound ridiculous but I assure you that it did happen as explained. Exactly the same happened to my iPad, Apple in States unable to sort it and advised me to contact an Apple Store to sort out. My next door neighbour called in whilst I was fuming - think I can sort it he said - you must be joking was my response - if Apple senior level help desk can't do it there is no you can do it.

Let me give it a try was his response - nothing to lose so I let him have a go.

He sat down and kept rotating the iPad, thinking he had flipped Inwent to make both of us a cup of tea. When I came back he was still rotating it and suddenly said - there you are! It was back in operation and I am posting the reply on it now.

Unbelievable I know but it happened.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
:)I have only just arrived at my house in Spain and therefore not seen your post before. What I am going to tell you will sound ridiculous but I assure you that it did happen as explained. Exactly the same happened to my iPad, Apple in States unable to sort it and advised me to contact an Apple Store to sort out. My next door neighbour called in whilst I was fuming - think I can sort it he said - you must be joking was my response - if Apple senior level help desk can't do it there is no you can do it.

Let me give it a try was his response - nothing to lose so I let him have a go.

He sat down and kept rotating the iPad, thinking he had flipped Inwent to make both of us a cup of tea. When I came back he was still rotating it and suddenly said - there you are! It was back in operation and I am posting the reply on it now.

Unbelievable I know but it happened.
Ah, a spin doctor!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Lucky it wasn't a Windows based bit of kit or folk would be telling you you shouldn't be using that cr**. Much better with an Apple thingy!:boxing: :imoutahere:

PS hope you get it sorted and don't lose too much (if any) data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back