LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What is the cheapest way to get there first week in July ?

Ferry finder sites are particularly useless for this - they don't know MHs are over 2.5m high.

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi Brian

You'll find all prices eg southampton,portsmouth and lymington more or less the same the only variation being the time of day,but bear in mind that it's not for nothing it's known as the dearest strip of water in the world.
Hope this helps
Pete

Wightlink from Portsmouth I find best because of frequency

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Isle of Wight Ferries

As an Island resident and motorhomer I can assure you of two facts:

1 It is not the most expensive piece of water - that title has to go to the chainbridge between Cowes and East Cowes when the tide is out!

2 Absolute cheapest is with the Camping and Caravan Club's agreement with Wightlink. See C&CC website for details. As Treasurer of the Island Caravan Club Centre you have no idea how much it hurts me to have to tell you this, hopefully CC will get off their a**** one day!

Best wishes from the Island

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Brian

You'll find all prices eg southampton,portsmouth and lymington more or less the same the only variation being the time of day,but bear in mind that it's not for nothing it's known as the dearest strip of water in the world.
Hope this helps
Pete

Wightlink from Portsmouth I find best because of frequency

How about the Sandbanks Chain ferry, its only 700 yards or so! :cry:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi

Red Funnel and Whitelink do some special deals including 5 nights camping at a reasonable rate not sure if it is available on that date! (probably not as the school holidays would have started).

Regards Pat

tyrangie1

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ferry

We are also Island residents, and agree you can get different rates depending on the time you are willing to travel.
But you can also use your Tesco club points every £5 of club points gives you £20 towards the ferry cost on Wightlink you need to go to the Tesco points website. Hope that helps. :Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lloydie

Free Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 months
The Red Funnel deal is available until 16th July this year and then again from September.

We did this deal during the second Easter week for 5 nights. Fantastic value!

I can highly recommend the Waverley Park site - level pitches, tiered so you get a great view of the Solent. Hardstanding with full awning space, EHU, drinking water and grey water point on each pitch. Excellent shower and toilet facilities. The staff are a really friendly helpful bunch and keep the site immaculate.

Loved it!:thumb:

Lloyd.

hobbyda

Free Member
Mar 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
25 years
IOW ferry!!!!!!!!

Hi Brian

Your not in the Souks now, you cannot haggle over the price with Wightlink.
Hope you both had safe trip home, if you to island give us pm and we will try meet up.

All the best

Dennis & Andrea

ps We us Tesco club card points for our trips, we do find that wightlink are cheaper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back