Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Great idea
Arundel in West Sussex is a couple of miles from us and is such a lovely picturesque town. With a castle, museum, boat hire, market every third Saturday and idyllic river walk it’s such a lovely old town to visit. It’s main car park right by the castle even allows motorhomes to stay for £10 a night.
if you don’t want to pay the £10 you can park out on the road next to the castle for free which we’ve done a few times before we knew about the overflow car park.
There are numerous restaurants and pubs so eating and drinking is not an issueView attachment 354833
We could arrange s mini funster meet one weekend.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We are in South Lancing, West Sussex, the biggest village in England.
Lancing is not very exciting, good safe beaches, national kite surfing centre but loads of interesting places in the area.
Lancing college chapel (the C&CC do a holiday meet there I think in June).
St Marys Chuch Sompting, 11th century with Rhenish helm tower nesting in the south downs.
The lovely old village of Steyning a few miles to the north.
Fabulous walks over the South downs, a nice walk to Cissbury Ring a hill fort just north of Worthing.
Worthing 3 miles to the west with one of the best preserved traditional piers, and the Dome cinema dating back to the early 1900's.
And 8 miles to the east brash & noisy Brighton.
I was going to say the same Lenny lol. The the is in August for 3 weeks I once stayed the and went to work from there had a great time.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I haven't a clue what any of that means!
Is "RVCP" respondez s'il vouse plait or Royal Victoria country park or Rother valley country park?
Is "THS" the courier firm or The Hydrogen Society or the Thomas Hardye school?
Is "DA's" the camping and caravan club's District attorneys or Ducks arses?
These are just some of the Google search answers I got in my attempt to decrypt your post.........I think I might have failed miserably.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ok here goes RVCP = Royal Victoria country park very nice stop when DA,s ( District associations) do meets or THS (tempory holiday sites) at the park. The park is good for kids and nice walks. Nearby pubs and eateries. And nearby bus stop for Southampton. It is walkable or a nice cycle into town. And good place to see the cruise ships pass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
There may be another reason why your area is bypassed and he's probably sitting not too far from you right now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bugger, the reason this area is so quiet has been outed! :doh:
Approach if you dare!! It's awfully dark in the Galloway forest park. :oops::dance2:

Attachments

• 1578057700771.png
    1578057700771.png
    1,014 bytes · Views: 6
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
It occurs to me that this wonderful forum is home to loads of lovely funsters who live all over the UK and Europe . Surely this wealth of local knowledge would be ideal to share and promote local places for the rest of us to visit ?? We’d also know the best places to park etc ( if there’s a thread for this already then I apologise )

So can I put Hamble on the map .

lovely cobbled high street with 4 pubs that all tend to sell good food plus another 3 pubs close by . Lovely waterfront location with marinas , river side walks , country park and only 30 minutes to the new forest or the ferries to the IOW.

there’s a few pay as you go Campsite’s - and I often see a couple of Mohos pulled up along side the shore at a local industrial estate . Sometimes the local country park also opens itself to camping .

brilliant idea , just send my your address, I’m on my way ?

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
The Sefton Coast

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.