Invite us to your place (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
It occurs to me that this wonderful forum is home to loads of lovely funsters who live all over the UK and Europe . Surely this wealth of local knowledge would be ideal to share and promote local places for the rest of us to visit ?? We’d also know the best places to park etc ( if there’s a thread for this already then I apologise )

So can I put Hamble on the map .

lovely cobbled high street with 4 pubs that all tend to sell good food plus another 3 pubs close by . Lovely waterfront location with marinas , river side walks , country park and only 30 minutes to the new forest or the ferries to the IOW.

there’s a few pay as you go Campsite’s - and I often see a couple of Mohos pulled up along side the shore at a local industrial estate . Sometimes the local country park also opens itself to camping .

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Come to Falmouth, here in balmy Cornwall. 3rd best deep water Harbour in the world. Heaps of historyhere. You can stand on the stone steps on Fish Strand Quay, the very steps that the news of Nelson's death first came ashore. You can stand on the Quay where the Marines boarded the flimsy boats to accompany HMS Campbelltown on her one way trip to Dieppe.
The house where Lady Jane Killigrew, the blood thirsty Pirate boss in QE1's reign lived is still there.
Visit the Castle where the Cornish Kings Army withstood the assaults of Cromwell's "London" army for 5 months, and more and more.

But! Falmouth also has an Exeter Uni Campus in nearby Penryn, so if you and your Lady goes for a drink, be prepared for language that will make a Liverpool Docker Blush, loud music, high prices (yes folks the Students have even driven up prices in Charity Shops)
Take a tour through the main drag on a Sunday Morning and litter is strewn everywhere, Vomit, puddles of urine in Shop doorways, and the little ancient Harbour at Customs House Quay is a Sea of floating Trash.

Yes folks! Come to Falmouth, park on Pendennis Point, see the days Sun rise over the sea, give your lungs a treat of good fresh sea air. Have your photo taken with the 4 Saints in the background, St Anthony, St Mawes, St Just, and, St Just-in-Roseland, then a slow trip calling here and there, lunch maybe, down the A30 heading west.
Take the road from Hayle to Portreath (B3301), a couple of miles from Portreath, on the left, spread over a space of 2 miles or so there are 3 separate parking areas, on the cliff over looking the sea. Then watch that "day sun" of yours set over the Western Ocean.

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Come to Falmouth, here in balmy Cornwall. 3rd best deep water Harbour in the world. Heaps of historyhere. You can stand on the stone steps on Fish Strand Quay, the very steps that the news of Nelson's death first came ashore. You can stand on the Quay where the Marines boarded the flimsy boats to accompany HMS Campbelltown on her one way trip to Dieppe.
The house where Lady Jane Killigrew, the blood thirsty Pirate boss in QE1's reign lived is still there.
Visit the Castle where the Cornish Kings Army withstood the assaults of Cromwell's "London" army for 5 months, and more and more.

But! Falmouth also has an Exeter Uni Campus in nearby Penryn, so if you and your Lady goes for a drink, be prepared for language that will make a Liverpool Docker Blush, loud music, high prices (yes folks the Students have even driven up prices in Charity Shops)
Take a tour through the main drag on a Sunday Morning and litter is strewn everywhere, Vomit, puddles of urine in Shop doorways, and the little ancient Harbour at Customs House Quay is a Sea of floating Trash.

Yes folks! Come to Falmouth, park on Pendennis Point, see the days Sun rise over the sea, give your lungs a treat of good fresh sea air. Have your photo taken with the 4 Saints in the background, St Anthony, St Mawes, St Just, and, St Just-in-Roseland, then a slow trip calling here and there, lunch maybe, down the A30 heading west.
Take the road from Hayle to Portreath (B3301), a couple of miles from Portreath, on the left, spread over a space of 2 miles or so there are 3 separate parking areas, on the cliff over looking the sea. Then watch that "day sun" of yours set over the Western Ocean.
That is excellent thank you x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
It occurs to me that this wonderful forum is home to loads of lovely funsters who live all over the UK and Europe . Surely this wealth of local knowledge would be ideal to share and promote local places for the rest of us to visit ?? We’d also know the best places to park etc ( if there’s a thread for this already then I apologise )

lovely cobbled high street with 4 pubs that all tend to sell good food plus another 3 pubs close by . Lovely waterfront location with marinas , river side walks , country park and only 30 minutes to the new forest or the ferries to the IOW.

there’s a few pay as you go Campsite’s - and I often see a couple of Mohos pulled up along side the shore at a local industrial estate . Sometimes the local country park also opens itself to camping .

I often go to RVCP on THS run by camping and caravan club DA,s It's a good spot

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Aiming for Scotland in June my friend , name your favourite beach ?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
The Isle of Man has stunning scenery, and wild camping isn't frowned upon. A few nice campsites. Sea views are never far away, good food, little traffic unless it's the TT or Classic TT, wonderful walks in the glens and woods, friendly people and a very relaxed way of life. The only bug bear is the cost of getting here.

Craig

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

We had a weekend at a CS in Hamble had a great time, and we live in Southampton, you don't have to travel miles to be on holiday.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
I often go to RVCP on THS run by camping and caravan club DA,s It's a good spot

I haven't a clue what any of that means!
Is "RVCP" respondez s'il vouse plait or Royal Victoria country park or Rother valley country park?
Is "THS" the courier firm or The Hydrogen Society or the Thomas Hardye school?
Is "DA's" the camping and caravan club's District attorneys or Ducks arses?
These are just some of the Google search answers I got in my attempt to decrypt your post.........I think I might have failed miserably.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I haven't a clue what any of that means!
Is "RVCP" respondez s'il vouse plait or Royal Victoria country park or Rother valley country park?
Is "THS" the courier firm or The Hydrogen Society or the Thomas Hardye school?
Is "DA's" the camping and caravan club's District attorneys or Ducks arses?
These are just some of the Google search answers I got in my attempt to decrypt your post.........I think I might have failed miserably.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Glad it’s not just me!

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Great idea
Arundel in West Sussex is a couple of miles from us and is such a lovely picturesque town. With a castle, museum, boat hire, market every third Saturday and idyllic river walk it’s such a lovely old town to visit. It’s main car park right by the castle even allows motorhomes to stay for £10 a night.
if you don’t want to pay the £10 you can park out on the road next to the castle for free which we’ve done a few times before we knew about the overflow car park.
There are numerous restaurants and pubs so eating and drinking is not an issue
EC727F4B-AFAC-4BBE-9FAE-C3F16E31DE38.jpeg

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You have to keep this quiet because we don't want all and sundry visiting.

Sunny Shropshire is a wonderful place to visit.

There are World Heritage sites - the Ironbridge Gorge alone will keep you busy for a week.

Lovely towns and villages line the banks of the River Severn. Bridgnorth has the Severn Valley Railway which meanders along the river to Kidderminster. Shrewsbury and Ludlow have beautiful Tudor buildings and quirky alleyways.

If wild landscapes are your thing, there is the Long Mynd. Sit on top of the beautiful hills and watch gliders catapulted into the air. Buzzards and red kites vie for the airspace.

Am I selling it to you?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Blimey that is remote, not easy to get to in a motorhome I think but worth the effort if you did (y)

It’s only about three miles from the ferry. ?

Ian

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
May I suggest the harbour of Emsworth in Hampshire on the border with West Sussex, campsite abound nearby. At Southbourne the campsite is next to the main road with a pub next door and a bus stop outside so access to Emsworth is easy. Or a short cycle ride a couple of miles or a walk along the shore that is longer. See the web pages for more details.

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
We are currently parked up in Arundel, nice short walk to the town with nice restaurants and pubs, where we spent New Year's Eve, so another shout for that.
The Isle of Wight is motorhome friendly. Parking in Yaverland carpark is payable but only £1 overnight, Culver cliff has free parking but not sure about overnight, but its a lovely walk down to the beach. Fort Victoria over near Freshwater is apparently very nice. There are various campsites including camc. You just have to cope with the generally very high ferry fare!!

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Great idea
Arundel in West Sussex is a couple of miles from us and is such a lovely picturesque town. With a castle, museum, boat hire, market every third Saturday and idyllic river walk it’s such a lovely old town to visit. It’s main car park right by the castle even allows motorhomes to stay for £10 a night.
if you don’t want to pay the £10 you can park out on the road next to the castle for free which we’ve done a few times before we knew about the overflow car park.
There are numerous restaurants and pubs so eating and drinking is not an issueView attachment 354833
Thanks for this is that pic from the overflow carpark ? And exactly where is that ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are in South Lancing, West Sussex, the biggest village in England.
Lancing is not very exciting, good safe beaches, national kite surfing centre but loads of interesting places in the area.
Lancing college chapel (the C&CC do a holiday meet there I think in June).
St Marys Chuch Sompting, 11th century with Rhenish helm tower nesting in the south downs.
The lovely old village of Steyning a few miles to the north.
Fabulous walks over the South downs, a nice walk to Cissbury Ring a hill fort just north of Worthing.
Worthing 3 miles to the west with one of the best preserved traditional piers, and the Dome cinema dating back to the early 1900's.
And 8 miles to the east brash & noisy Brighton.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

You can stand on the Quay where the Marines boarded the flimsy boats to accompany HMS Campbelltown on her one way trip to Dieppe.

St Nazaire surely?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not only Dumfries and Galloway but The Scottish Borders are stunning as well.

Actually a lot of Scotland is spectacular but it depends on your interests as to which parts you would love and which you would dislike.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Cader Idris behind the Mawddach Trail. Taken from Bontddu. Happy New Year.
Rob

We cycled the Mawddach Trail from Barmouth to Dolgellau and return a couple of years back. Lovely area but Dolgellau does get the rain, the lady at the campsite called it "Donkey Town" which I though unfair.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
South West Scotland is really very nice, quiet compared to the hustle bustle of the NC500. No mountains but nice deserted hills and huge forests, big beaches and better weather than the rest of Scotland.
I 2nd that, we live in an area that many seem to bypass, they just seem to head for the Highlands, now they are stunning, but you miss out on the rest.
The photo's all in our local area, couple are only a short drive away........I would have put more on for you, but my PC is broken and I don't have as many good ones on this one.:confused:
20190522_172336.jpg20180515_144144.jpg20180701_181131.jpg20190731_180943.jpg20191020_172327.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back