Invictus Games - I salute you all (1 Viewer)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Spare a thought for all those service personnel who can't be with us tonight at the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games and for those that are still with us, but carry their own wounds, both inside and out :)

To all my fallen comrades and those both past and present and on behalf of Jim and all members of MotorhomeFun, we salute you all.
image.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Watching it on the box at the moment. Makes my creaky ankle* seem like a slight itch compared to what those folk put up with.

*result of taking a nine foot jump over a ten foot gap on an obstacle course 40 years ago!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I know a few of those taking part in the games and have memories of armed forces friends who have died in service.

The flypast shook houses in our road and nearby giving an eerie sense and extra emotion to the day

These games the most positive thing that has been introduced in years

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Spare a thought for all those service personnel who can't be with us tonight at the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games and for those that are still with us, but carry their own wounds, both inside and out :)

To all my fallen comrades and those both past and present and on behalf of Jim and all members of MotorhomeFun, we salute you all.View attachment 41462
REME? Ditto.

I went on a diet to get into my blues for my wedding. No chance of ever wearing them again. I salute you - although not sure about the trouser leg length! :)

johnandsue

Free Member
Jun 25, 2011
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Since 2012
RAOC myself, we were lucky, apart from Ireland and the Falklands our time was easy, a few exercises, plenty of sport.
The recent soldiers have had it harder, Iraq, Afghanistan etc., I take my hat off to them all and you are right we must remember not only those who didn't return but also their families who have to live with the loss for the rest of their lives, the families are as much heroes as those who died. Salute them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It would be nice to think our armed forces could have a quiet time for a while now but I fear this may not be the case given current events.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back