Invertor type/size (1 Viewer)

anjer

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
My 15 inch 12volt tv combi is playing up; the DCVD won't eject. Will be getting a new drive belt tomorrow - hopefully. However, if that doesn't fix it since the TV unit is OK I could use a 230volt Matsui DVD player that I have. But no invertor in the van (like wild camping and Aires in France - no hookup). So what is the best invertor to consider also bearing in mind that I will be getting an electric bike in the future and will need to run the bike's battery charger.
Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it was just to run the DVD then i'd say save yer money and buy a new 12v/230v TV instead.
around £120 for a 15" TV/DVD combo from asda/tesco etc

a 150w invertor will run your DVD but buy the biggest you can afford.

i got a 500w invertor from halfords a couple of years ago for £49.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

I agree with papa ..

all I would add, if you use an inverter to charge an electric bike it will severely deplete the leisure battery.. unless you have a big bank ..

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

anjer

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
"if it was just to run the DVD then i'd say save yer money and buy a new 12v/230v TV instead.
around £120 for a 15" TV/DVD combo from asda/tesco etc"
Gents, which particular models do you mean the ones I can see seem to be mains only?
Thanks

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I run a 230v 15" tv/dvd combo from a 300w inverter but the dvd section plays up when the battery voltage drops much below fully charged. I think this is because of it being an ordinary (modified sine wave) inverter. Probably wouldn't get this problem with a True Sine Wave Inverter so might be worth getting a True Sine Wave Inverter. Also these cheaper tvs tend to come with a 12v power supply, if you want to run the tv directly off the 12v batteries you'll probably find you'll need a 12v to 13.8v dc/dc regulator to get the correct voltage for the tv.

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
i bought one of these[similar] for long journeys and camping ,you can also plug them in to a tv,pretty useful keeps kids quiet,they even like the snes games[first pacman and mario] 12 volt and 240v,good thing you can just put it in a draw

Link Removed

or you could get one of these for time being :

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back