pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
any advice on inverters dont want to run much just a kettle and coffee machine low microwave i was thinking about this Broken Link Removed

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
in our early days of campervanning we didn't even have a leisure battery, the minimal needs were supplied by the engine battery,.. an early 70s caravan didn't have ANY 12 v ..it had a gas light, gas catalytic heating, gas fridge and a Whale foot pump for water.. never gave it a second thought..

Ha ha ha :LOL::LOL::LOL: That took me back a bit! our first caravan in 1982 was equipped just the same............... I remember lighting those gas mantles :eek: and the condensation running down the windows as a result :eek::eek::eek:

Halcyon days :rolleyes:

(sorry, I realise this is thread hijack :oops:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Sorry it might be me confusing things, I meant 1000watts at 240 volts would take 85 amps from 12 volts, I abbreviated too much as I'm on my phone in Spain with loads of amps volts and sun.

You should have heard the conversation the other day as I tried to explain to other half that although we had 10 amps supply at the site the 6 kW/h per day limit meant we could only run the Fridge so I unplugged and ran the inverter while the sun was shining, saved about 50 pence per day.
Lucky you funflair, it's throwing it down here today so enjoy it mate, interesting comment about max of 6Kw per day cost to them about 80p a day, that's why am surprised some CL sites make money when charging £10/12 per day with non metered supply

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I normally only use Pure Sine wave inverters and high quality ones. However, our new MH came with a microwave and a RING 2kW modified wave inverter. Our old Inverter is only 1500w and will not power the microwave. So just looking for a well priced, more powerful Pure!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I normally only use Pure Sine wave inverters and high quality ones. However, our new MH came with a microwave and a RING 2kW modified wave inverter. Our old Inverter is only 1500w and will not power the microwave. So just looking for a well priced, more powerful Pure!.

I use a Merlin 2kw pure with remote start/stop might not be cheap but happy with its performance.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There does seem to be a problem with modified sine wave inverters and toothbrush chargers. I blew one but have managed to keep another going by plugging it into the 110v socket on the shaver socket. I have purchased but not yet installed the lowest wattage pure sine wave inverter I could find, solely for this purpose. 300w (toothbrush charger rated at 1w)
Advantage is that I only run the big inverter when I need it, it can take 22 hours to recharge a flat toothbrush, so just running the little one makes some sense.

Upvote 0

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
This is my experience 4x110ah lead acid Coach batteries. 1x200wh solar panel. 1x 2000W inverter (Ringway). We survived over a week at music festivals, and Americana long weekends, without running the Generator. Except once when I (stupidly) ran the tank empty and the pump ran for over 4 hours or more. (and survived??) often used the 240V t-v to watch a full Rugby match. with the Satellite dish (sky) using it too. we microwaved the odd meal, made toast. But of course not all at once!!. Coffee however was always Instant, and mostly made with kettle boiled on the barbecue after I finished grilling!!.

Pete

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Electric toothbrushes that have "drop in" contact less chargers are linear chargers. It works by changing the polarity backwards and forwards thousands of times a minute, precisely, electronically controlled.

Modified sine wave inverters simply are not good enough.

Many of our customers have expensive sine wave invert setups installed for a number of reasons. We all have different values and goals and the individual way that we tailor our Motorhomes is No different to the things we do in our homes

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Anyone got a pure sinewave inverter for sale, 2000w or more?
Anyone want to buy a 600w and or a 1000w modified inverter?
Hi Colin and Sandra I have a 1500 watt pure sin wave inverter that we have just taken out of the Ambulance -Think I will be using the Victron 1500wPSW/50 amp battery charger in my own ;)so give me a call when you get home (y)
terry

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back