Inverter on HymerB584 (1 Viewer)

B

barnstormer

Deleted User
Hi
I have purchased a 500 watt inverter to use on the rare occaisions I stay in a site without hookup.My leisure battery is located underneath the drivers seat and not very accessible.
I am wondering where in the vehicle I can connect to?Has anyone experienced the same problem?Any ideas would be welcolm.

Regards
Barnstormer

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi barnstormer
We made-up a 12v extension lead using parts from maplins and keep this connected to the leisure battery, then just lay-it out and use-it when needed. :thumb:
To be honest i couldn't think of another way of doing-it at the time and havn't bothered since as it works! :thumb: :thumb:

regards...nige

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
An inverter will draw huge amounts of current, slide the seat off its mounts to reveal the battery. then using heavy duty cables connect using very short leads a bracket mounted 20amp Cigar socket into which the inverter will plug. Plug it in only when you need it which should be very infrequently. Inverts use huge amounts of current and will flatten a small battery very quickly. You are better off changing to 12v appliences, Battery power is a finite resource.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back