Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
:eek:dark matter the the way forward.......to infinity and beyond
No that is a myth. Whereas the infinite improbability drive is a wonderful new method of crossing interstellar distances in a mere nothingth of a second, without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace. It was discovered by lucky chance, and then developed into a governable form of propulsion by the Galactic Government's research centre.

Stephen Fry explains how it all works here.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Need to see if Techno 100 will be changing his user name to Doc Emmett Brown. Clearly he has developed the'Flux Capacitor' to enable unlimited life support whilst on the road, fuel and power no problem - to infinity and beyond!!!!

'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Honestly my set up is quite modest but does what I want over and above what I need :LOL:
Some other FUN members have equal or even better to suit their demands (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi pappa john,
I have upgraded my panels to the latest lg 350w 24v, they are nearly half the size and a quarter of the weight of conventional panels, i also have a few panels of the same make and type but lower wattage to fit inbetween the sat dish and roof windows, the actual motor home is 8 meters long.
There are a total of 5 panels giving a combined wattage of 1020 watts.
I have never run out of leccy even with wify using hair dryer straighteners every day and the washer every outher day.
We winter out every year in portugal / spain for 4 to 5 months off grid.
Cheers Andy
Can you give us a link to these?

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Honestly my set up is quite modest but does what I want over and above what I need :LOL:
Some other FUN members have equal or even better to suit their demands (y)
Nice setup Techno and well finished. But i must say 1Kw of solor does sound good

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
After all the advice from you experts. I ordered the necessary cables for the inverter, Mega fuse and fuse holder also Isolator switch. So I go to start the instal and low and behold another curve ball that wasn't expected.
My two leisure batteries each have a positive and negative cable which appears to come from the MH charger unit control box. I was expecting the batteries to be directly linked together positive to positive and a feed back to the controller from one of the positive terminals. My question is this,as I am installing a solar panel through a solar regulator and fuse then onto one of the positives and also the inverter onto a positive. Does the set up that I have enable both batteries to receive the change from the solar panel when connected to one of the batteries positive and likewise when the inverter is connected to a positive will it draw from both the batteries.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There is a good chance that the Terminals are combined in the Charger Connection cabinet. But you will need to explore that before you make any connections.

BTW. in the absence of decent size cable, Welding cable is a fall back solution, in any case the bigger the better as the current passed is a Square of resistance.

Pete

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
There is a good chance that the Terminals are combined in the Charger Connection cabinet. But you will need to explore that before you make any connections.

BTW. in the absence of decent size cable, Welding cable is a fall back solution, in any case the bigger the better as the current passed is a Square of resistance.

Pete
Yes I have got 25mm2 cables. The wiring diagram shows only one supply so I imagine that this is split from the charger, As mentioned I just need some reassurance that either the solar supply and the Inverter draws equally from the two batteries, so I am of the opinion that once connected the charge or draw must go back through the controller then to the other battery

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Link them (y)
Front%20battery%20bank%20%2C%20BtoB%20charger%20and%20NASA%20monitor%20all%20rewired-X2.jpg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes
Without the links the inverter will draw from the second battery via the light gauge wiring.(and blow the fuses)
Connect you inverter to the +ve of one battery and the -ve of the other.
Connect your solar to the opposite corners. (y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back