Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
We camped in the RV for the first time without an electrical hookup this weekend and we couldn't get the inverter to work.

We switched it on at the remote unit in the van, checked all the switches were switched the right way but nothing :cry:

What did we do wrong, please tell me its something stupid :Doh:

Martyn

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Invertor.

Hi

Hopefully its not terminal. So checK battery output is above about 10.5V (Digital Voltmeter helps here). Mine states it will shutdown or not fire up if below 10.5V. Second have you got a Green Light showing near the On/Off Switch? (Ring Inverter?) this is Battery power in. Does it have a direct 3 pin connector or is it wired direct into the system, If it has a 3 pin connection check the Output (mains) With a meter. At this point if you not a Lecky it would pay to have it checked by a pal or someone that is. I did have one burnout and it was replaced under warranty. we never did decide what did it.

Hope It was of some help

Pete

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sometimes they are just plain bloody awkward:ROFLMAO:
At the weekend I pressed the remote control and it came on straightaway. Today, nothing! So I started the generator instead. A little while after I'd turned the generator off I noticed the invertor light was now on:Doh:
Having read the manual again I think it might need a load before it'll come on. Try plugging something in and then try turning the inverter on again.

Best of luck
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back