Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am thinking of buying a better inverter as mine is only a 300 watt.

Seen this one that 2000watt Link Removed sand wondered if that would be enough for my RV?

Could I leave it on fulltime (i.e, come on when power is taken?) as i would like to fit 2 x 240 sockets in the bus from it.

Will this be big enough and is it a good price or inverer itself?

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi John Looks like a good buy especially with the cables included. 2000 watts will probably be enough but leaving it on all the time will drain the batteries even if nothing is plugged in. Also you want it as close to the batteries as possible (the supplied cables are only 1.1 mtrs long) I would fit a separate switch to disconnect it when not in use to save on battery power

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi do not take this as gospel but 2,000 w peak power usualy means running at 1,000 so it may not run what you expect ie anything above 1,000 watts.The 2,000 is usualy for start surges?BUT I could be wrong. I have seen cheaper out there,but never been much interested in them but I did buy a 700/1400 watt one for my son for £25 about 7 mths ago.
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John I agree with Terry it looks like its a 1000w jobby, with a peak of 2000w, which it may be able to sustain for only a few minutes.

Mines an 1800w with a peak of around 2500w, remember as a very rough rule of thumb, if you knock a zero of the watts thats the amps it will draw at 12v. ie. if its drawing 1000w its taking 100amps out of the batteries. To sustain this for any length of time you need about 5 times the battery ampage. ie 500AH otherwise you will knacker the batteries.

Mine also has a custom remote control which I fitted on the dash, see here:Link Removed I got mine from that man GT when he sold off some stuff. You should also fit a fuse inline to it, sterling recommend a 300amp for mine.

Pity GT's not on here now as he's the inverter kiddy.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back