Introductions (1 Viewer)

Sep 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer b class mct
Hi Everyone, looking forward to following and contributing to this group.

My wife and I are picking up a new motorhome, Hymer B-MC T 600 Whiteline with a few extras on top, later this month. My Wife is retiring early in December and my work is pretty flexible so really looking forward to some travelling in the Motorhome.

Ou motorhome was supposed to be plated at 4500Kg, but a cock up saw it plated at 4430Kg from factory and first registered to us as now owners as such (strange they registered it well before we paid?). I only noticed when I received the registration doc. As far as I can see it should just be a simple paper replating exercise, for example with SVTech. Just to note, the 4500Kg option was a simple zero cost tick box when it was ordered by the dealer, but a cock up ensued somewhere. Anyway as it was a zero cost option I am assuming that there is no work to be done, e.g. uprating suspension, whatever. Turns out that SVTech, according to the dealer, can't replate it because the van and its SLC chassis, etc. are so new where that model hasn't gone through their 'systems' yet whereby the calculations are all done, I suppose. Until they get the demand, not likely for a while, could be over a year, who knows, they are unable to replate this model. I suppose one concern is that as it is already at 4430Kg, there might not even be a demand to do this model!!! Any other ideas for replating would be appreciated? I have read on one forum somewhere that someone had Hymer replate their van, which I would have thought possible, the dealer is getting back to them. BTW, the cock up was the dealer not Hymer. We are buying straight off the showroom floor and adding extra stuff and it was advertised as 4500kg. Anyway, has anyone had their van replated by Hymer, any experience on this?

It doesn't sound like a lot, an extra 70Kg, but I am having a tow bar installed for the 2 eBikes, which when you add that weight, plus the eBike, plus the very heavy and strong locks, ok I can take the batteries out while travelling, and the bike rack probably add up to well over 100Kg before taking into account any turning moment on the rear axle. I undertsand there are some weight calculators around that I could tap into, which would be useful as we plan to load up the garage, hence tow bar for eBkes, etc. Not to mention, we will add Aircon, solar, extra batteries, etc. eventually for off-grid. So I want to see if this loss of 70Kg is a big deal or not. There will only be the two of us for long trips. so I suspect not the current 4430Kg is ample. However, can anyone point me at a calculation spreadsheet before I start to do the calcs manually, and if I do them manually point me at the formulae?

In advance, many thanks for your help, and apologies for the long post, this Motorhome stuff is new to us and it turns out there are shed loads of things to observe and figure out for happy motoring!

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Hi and welcome to the fun. You will get some very useful information from knowledgeable people on here. As for me I would suggest that you could start by filling up with fuel and a quarter of a tank of water with both of you in the Van and take it to your nearest weighbridge. Measure front and rear axles and overall weight this should give you s base figure to work with. Hope this helps.
Phil.

OP
OP
D
Sep 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer b class mct
Hi Phil, thanks, will do. I should have added that the dealer is going to weigh the van before we pick up so that we know the weights with all the extras added by the dealer, etc. That should give me reference figures t start from.

I have to say, in all the ordering details I didn't negotiate a full tank for fuel! Bummer! Aniother quick question. I searched this site for the calculator I had heard about, Mel Bs spreadsheet, but I appear not to have permissions for download? I have also now found the formulae on caravan guard, but keen not to reinvent the wheel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome.

You are off on the correct foot with check weights.

You can only access the resources when you subscribe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back