Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi. Recently purchased a used motor-home and pleased with it. It's a Compass Avantgarde 150 which we (my wife and I) have already had away for a few weekends, mainly music festivals. As we recline of a morning looking out the back window of the van with a cup of tea in hand, duvets rapped snugly round our legs watching people crawl out of their tents while simultaneously struggling with their jeans, we know we've done the right thing. Truth is that was us for many years when our kids were kids. Don't even have them to drag around now which in my book constitutes a double whammy. ::bigsmile:

Got a couple of questions which hopefully you guys will be able to help me out with:

• Does anyone have or know where I can get a plan for the frame work of my van? would like to fit a bike rack but having great difficulty getting this information.
Would also like to fit a J Rail for a stand alone awning. Will an appropriate adhesive do the job or should I use screws also?

Thanks for now. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Grymbo and welcome.

only place you will get frame info is the actual converter...or looking at, and accurately measuring, other vans of the same model and year, providing they were professionally fitted of course

the J rail would probably be ok fixed on with Sikaflex adhesive....many folks have roof mounted sat dishes fix down with it.

thing with Sikaflex it really does stick, so you may as well stick a few screws (stainless or brass) in as well 'cos it wont be coming off again.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi. Recently purchased a used motor-home and pleased with it. It's a Compass Avantgarde 150 which we (my wife and I) have already had away for a few weekends, mainly music festivals. As we recline of a morning looking out the back window of the van with a cup of tea in hand, duvets rapped snugly round our legs watching people crawl out of their tents while simultaneously struggling with their jeans, we know we've done the right thing. Truth is that was us for many years when our kids were kids. Don't even have them to drag around now which in my book constitutes a double whammy. ::bigsmile:

Got a couple of questions which hopefully you guys will be able to help me out with:

• Does anyone have or know where I can get a plan for the frame work of my van? would like to fit a bike rack but having great difficulty getting this information.
Would also like to fit a J Rail for a stand alone awning. Will an appropriate adhesive do the job or should I use screws also?

Thanks for now. :thumb:

Hi mate
We have the same van and love it, only thing we didn't like was the size of the toilet/shower cubical so I have removed the washbasin and it now is a transformed van, perfect, send you photos of it and how to do it if you are interested.
We have a bike rack on ours fitted from new but it doesn't inspire you with confidence , a lot of flexing. If you are desperate I would go for a tow bar and a towbar bike rack, we have a wind out awning so can't help with that I am afraid.
Might be a photo of bathroom now if I have done it right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 27

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome :welcomefunster:

We're not that far away from you, outside Gatehouse of Fleet, just off the A75

Margaret & Bill::bigsmile:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Welcome Grymbo from the Isle of Wight, Sorry can't help with your questions, sure someone will.
Terry:rain::sin::rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Thanks

Thanks for the welcoming messages and advice. Obviously come to the right place.

Cheers

Grymbo:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
And a very warm welcome from me too :thumb: