Introduction (1 Viewer)

Nidge8563

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey 765
Hi Everyone, I’m Nidge, we have a Bailey 765 Approach, had it for about 2 years and still do not understand how must of the things work, we bought the Motorhome for my son to travel Europe doing his job, playing Badminton,
I have a few pro with the Bailey at the moment and one of them is that when I fill up the freshwater tank the water goes straight through and pours out a small rubber pipe at the back of the van under the heater, any ideas
Thanks
Nidge

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
:hiya2: w2f
Sounds like your boiler auto dump valve is open. That or the valve that empties the water pipes to stop freezing damage. Have a look in the manual if you have one.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The auto dump valve opens when the temp gets close to freezing. It needs to be warm to reset so it’s near the boiler so you can fire up the boiler , warm it up and close it.
It’s there to save the boiler from frost damage. It will be on the top of that pipe you talk about.
Or, look for a valve that drains the water pipes. That will be a manual lever type valve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍 Not all boiler dump valves are automatic so it will need closing manually but (depending on type) may not open automatically in freezing conditions. Worth finding out before next winter.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
welcome-frog.gif
From Lancashire

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun