Introducing myself (1 Viewer)

May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Hello everyone. We have purchased our first motorhome, an Autosleeper Broadway EL, 2012. We haven't brought it home yet as the dealer is still doing whatever dealers do. We are getting excited but apprehensive as there seems a lot to learn.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
w2f

Happy days looking forward to collecting your van.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Welcome to Fun, it is a font of information and help.

Once you pick up your van, take a short trip to a place close to home. There you can start to learn how your home functions with the reassuring knowledge that if it stats to go wrong you can easily retreat home, regroup without large needs.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome. 👍
carry a note pad and make a few notes of what you are missing or want or need to leave at home.
It will soon be second nature

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
:hi2: w2f:cheers: You'll need a list Carolina, everybody needs a list (or even two)!:LOL: I'm pretty sure if you have a hunt on this site you'll find a starter for 10. (y) Best wishes with your new purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
:welcomesign:
When do you pick up? Will you keep it at home? As has been said and as I learnt, a weekend at a local site with full services is a great way to learn. I've also had hints and tips from fellow Funsters and they have given me confidence too; some of the early things I worried about when we got ours late last year (not been out much) seem perfectly natural and insignificant today.

Ask away, no daft questions but lots of "answers" :giggle:

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Hi and welcome. 👍
carry a note pad and make a few notes of what you are missing or want or need to leave at home.
It will soon be second nature

Yes a notepad of what you find you need.

Opposed to buying what you think you'll need.

I suspect we all have a drawer, cupboard or box back at home filled with unused item that we thought were essential?

OP
OP
C
May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Thanks for the welcome. We are hiring a motorhome in a couple of weeks. This was arranged and paid for ages ago. This was to see if we 'needed' a motorhome. Meanwhile we found one we liked and could afford, and I decided that we definitely needed it. 😁
We will pick up ours when we come home.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hello everyone. We have purchased our first motorhome, an Autosleeper Broadway EL, 2012. We haven't brought it home yet as the dealer is still doing whatever dealers do. We are getting excited but apprehensive as there seems a lot to learn.
We're old hand at motorhoming [nearly 6 weeks now ...], so can relate to the trepidation/excitement and 'how will we get to learn everything?' concerns! Welcome to the Forum, there's an awful lot of knowledgeable people on here [not me] and everyone is more than happy to answer questions and offer advice. If you do ask a 'what does this do?'question or 'how does my control panel work?' style of question, it's best to post a photo of the item in question so that the Funsters can give specific, rather than generalised, advice. Of course, I didn't when I posted my first question, that's how I know now!

Steve

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍. During the handover is when they show you all the ins and outs. Ours went on so long I had to call a halt for lunch half way through. Many people film it on their phones (wish I had!) as there is such a lot to it and some can go out of your head before you reach home. Hope it all goes well.

Wyn

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
laurence girard hello GIF by Originals

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome 😀 excited for you :clap:
Yes lots to take in, so take your time, don't feel rushed, as everyone has said, take a note book, take pjctures, then you have a reference for your notes to relate to.
good luck and more importantly Enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back