fuzzbuzz

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Fuzz due to senior moments, buzz because look out Southern Ireland I is heading your way for two whole months.:Smile: Any advice on wild camping in this region gratefully received. Also reasonably priced, dog friendly campsites will be a must, at least twice weekly, for laundry and showers.
Yeah, this disabled pensioner and her dog are taking to the road again. My van is so tiny you couldn't swing a mouse. Done the Dodge Concorde followed by the Transit conversion. Now, believe it or not, I've shrunk the home again. Hey I love pub grub and talking to the natives :roflmto:, shame I'm tea total.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
hi, fuzz buzz, welcome to the madhouse!, sorry can't help with your query, but bsomeone will shortly, I'm sure.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcomefunster:
from me too! I can't help either but as Dave says someone will before too long.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Hi, Well don't forget to come our way. Westport house has a campsite in the grounds also has a bar and pub grub. Further along the coast is Lecanvey there's a campsite there, don't know about the amenities sorry, but just down the road is Stauntons pub very good 'Craic' had by all in there. a bit further along is Old Head, Louisburgh, lovely beaches and campsite at the top of the hill complete with icecream parlour. People usually wild camp on the pier, teens like to use it and spoil it though. Also a pub in the old hotel, nr campsite, but only open in the summer I think. In Louisburgh there's the Grainne Uaille (Grace O'Malley) interpretive centre which tells you about the Pirate Queen who lived on Clare island, it's in the Library.
If you carry on thru Louisburgh, don't blink you'll miss it, take the left turn after the bridge and carry on to Lenane via Ashleagh falls doing this you'll follow the famine route which is walked every year on the last Sun in May to commemorate the people of Louisburgh walking to the Killary to get grain during the famine.This is the most impressive way to see Doo Lough With the mountains circling it. After the falls turn rt for Lenane, The Field was filmed here. Go to Clifton seeing Kylmore abbey on the way.
In Clifton try to head Ballyconealy, I think you might be able to wild camp next to the beach or go to Dogs Bay where ther is a campsite, not sure about MH though. After that carry on to Roundstone.

Also don't forget the other side of Clew Bay and visit Achill Island beautifull beaches to be had there and there's a campground at Keel over looking the beach and sea. This is a busy flat site as it's a great surfing beach.

Phew finished I think! I think I've done my bit for Irish tourism!!
Any questions PM me, that goes for anyone else too.
Also if your in Louisburgh on the 25th June we have our horse show which has a dog show too, thats a laugh, and the following Sunday(3rd July) there's horse racing on the beach just outside town. I have photos of these up on here.

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
southern ireland

hi fuzzbuzz welcome to the asylum......if yr comming through roslare and need a stopover for a nite or three....give us a shout on a pm...i have a site here for funsters use..there is water here,hard standing and dogs welcome,,but there is no leccy, (no problem if you want to use a genny)and no waste dump..but that can be sorted..oh yeah...and no charge...::bigsmile:::bigsmile:..g,luck.smudger....::bigsmile:

OP
OP
F

fuzzbuzz

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
welcome break

Thanks for the offer will contact you before I leave.

OP
OP
F

fuzzbuzz

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
thanks for info

Will certainly be in touch, am planning to leave here first week of June. Late May have daughter, son and friends visiting so as they leave my journey begins.
I plan to travel from Rosslare through Cork and then up the west coast to Sligo, where my late hsbands family have roots. My daughter is going to join me for a week in Sligo.
I wish that I had more than 2 months but intend to see as much as I can in that time, without rushing.
Thankyou so much for the time taken and the wealth of information included, :thumb: I hope one day we will meet.

OP
OP
F

fuzzbuzz

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
thanks

would be more than grateful for your offer, am leaving here first week in June so will talk with you before then. :thanks:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back