Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Hello fellow Rvers
I have just sold my flat and bought a 1993 Chevy Sea Breeze (National RV) off ebay!
Just been MOTd - had a good service (changed oil, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs), engine and habitation seem to all be working pretty well.
Moving out at the end of the month and frantically researching! Planning a trip to Bicester to the RV Parts place there.
Water pump has a problem (Sureflo - bubbling slightly and not pumping water through; battery charger is pulsing - ??)
Dying to get the tester (?) fixed (the thing that shows your levels (battery, LPG, black, grey, fresh water) - without I feel blind!
Need to find out how long water/battery/LPG lasts - planning to experiment on campsite.
You lot sound like a good bunch and ScotJimLand has already helped!
It's a whole new world!!! :Smile:
Jules

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jules, welcome to the fun, I am sure that adventures await, any problems on the way there is loads of help here just holler:thumb:::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jules

Welcome to the fun site .. and a whole new way of blowing money :roflmto::roflmto:

Ask as many questions as you want, there are lots of very experienced and helpful folk on here.. :Smile:

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Welcome to the site:thumb::thumb:
Don't be afraid to ask, we enjoy helping-----if we can!!!!!
It's a steep learnng curve, but take it easy and do the important things first.
The level lights on your grey and black tanks may never work right, if you empty them, you will know they are empty:ROFLMAO::cry::thumb:
Nigel & Pamala

Camperian

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Dorset - 6months, Spain - 6months
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Are your tank indicators showing full all the time or no lights at all? If they show full all the time it's because they have cack round the sensors. A trick I was given by a well established RV repair centre was to half fill each tank with clean water. Add half a squeezy bottle of washing up liquid to each and go for a drive for about half an hour or more. The sloshing around will clean the tank sensors and w/up liquid will not damage the seals. Empty tanks and flush through with more clean water.

Worked for me!

Ian

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Are your tank indicators showing full all the time or no lights at all? If they show full all the time it's because they have cack round the sensors. A trick I was given by a well established RV repair centre was to half fill each tank with clean water. Add half a squeezy bottle of washing up liquid to each and go for a drive for about half an hour or more. The sloshing around will clean the tank sensors and w/up liquid will not damage the seals. Empty tanks and flush through with more clean water.

Worked for me!

Ian
Worked for me too, till I went for a Pee and it was full agin:Doh:
Welcome to the fun Joules:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
you lot really are winning me over! what a welcoming bunch! ::bigsmile:

Jim, RuthRV - thanks for the welcome
Peter - that is very kind of you! see below - pretty sure your guys will say it needs a leak fixed
RoadRunner - you're not wrong
Nigel, Pam, Ian, Geo - looks like I really do need to give that a go...
the lights seem to be completely randomly lit and dont seem to change with usage!
I'll try the solution for the water tanks - thanks
any idea about the battery and LPG indicators?

water pump - emptied the tank and refilled it, turned on all taps to get rid of air - all came through fine but then the pump started switching on and off
there is also a small amount of water coming from the pump so it must have a leak...guess I need to take it for repair...:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back