Intro + Advice please for heading to Italy (1 Viewer)

Paul Mel and Molly

Free Member
Apr 14, 2019
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Hyper 640 star line Merc
Exp
Hi Everyone!
I (Mel) have been given a six week sabbatical so my husband (Paul) has bought his first Hymer 640 (2001) and we are setting off on 11th May with our dog Molly on our first adventure! We would love advice, tips, stories on where to go, what to see, recommended wild camping locations via Belgium, Black Forest, Alps, Italian Lakes....

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

Touring section of the forum would be a good place to start, both for Italy and places on the way. You need to be a full member to access them, but it's the best £15 you'll ever spend on motorhoming.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Fill up in Luxembourg. Fill up in Austria or Germany. Put LPG in whilst in Belgium.
Try the Glossglockner pass. OK it costs money but you dont need a vignette for Austria if half clever and go this way.
Bechetsgarden doesnt have an aire nearby so campsite only.
Italy has aires but you have to locate them and the Fruilli region is very underated.
stay away from the Italian lakes on Bank Holiday weekends. It makes you want to give you up on life. Trust me !
Several places in Germany are stunning. Romantic road and Alpinestrabbe need research.
Givet, Remich, Augsberg, Fussen, Chiemsee, lago di fusine, Eguisheim and anywhere in the Alsace are all places you need to google as a sort of route. (not necessarily in that order)
Enjoy

As per others, spending 15 quid for constant advice is the best 15 nicker you could spend by joining up as members.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are new to MHs spend at least one night in it before you set off for foreign climes - this will help you work out what to take and what works - or doesn't. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back