LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2008
Padfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
Black five is a steam locomotive which was given a class 5 power rating and was always black. I did a footplate experience on the Severn Valley Railway as a retirement present, great fun.:thumb:

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Our first Winter away was in Spain and SWMBO says I tend to wander off the pointa lot and so Spanish for a "Red Herring" seemed to have a ring to it!

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Me too - in an earlier life I used to teach French. Sorry to all those who hated French!

The boys used to call me Miss to my face and fruit bat behind my back, because i used to have bananas for lunch. Well I didn't want that name.

I left teaching to pursue a long awaited ambition.

I trained with TV star Ann Maurice ,the House Doctor, who had 7 series telling people whose houses wouldn't sell, what to do to sell their houses quickly and for more money.
having trained on all her courses and done de-cluttering training,I was one of the first to set up a Home Staging business.

I go all over the uk advising people how to get the best price when selling.It is the best job to be able to help people sell when their houses have been on the market for years.

Hence my name Staging Lady.
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
mine, pappajohn, originates from my step kids.

to differentiate me from their real dad when speaking to others about me.

often abbreviated to pappa-j or just pj :ROFLMAO:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
The usual thought on mine is a rugby player, wrong, I ride honda goldwing motorcycles, and known as a winger I live in wales, so welsh, put them round the other way and welsh Winger.

Nick

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Anyone who's met us knows about the 'Wires' bit, the two mad wire haired fox terrorists that own us. 'Wyaye' is a Geordie expression which, tranlated into English, equates with 'of course' and is our registered Kennel name for when Maeve has her puppies. ::bigsmile:

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I raised this in another thread and it was suggested to post as a new thread, so here goes: -

Actually I am always intrigued by the aliases that people have on here. Ours is boring but I'd love to know the story behind so many of the names. Anyone care to explain theirs?

...e.g. haganap, shiftzz, curleycornflake, dragabed, G4GMO, hayleylulu, ksebruce, wurn and many other intriguing titles?

Wyn :thumb:

Think I may have posted this somewhere before but anyway here goes as I find my username mentioned. :Smile:

G4GMO is my amateur radio callsign assigned to me by the govt body at the time in 1977 or thereabouts. I originally held a B license G8KNB from 1975 which limited me to the VHF/UHF radio bands, generally only useful for local contacts and occasionally contacts with stations in Europe, so after taking a morse test I could then apply for the A license which authorised me to transmit on the HF bands and make contacts with stations all round the world which I have held ever since. More can be found here by searching the database for G4GMO http://www.qrz.com/index.html

I am not currently very active on the radio but occasionally will get on PSK31, a very narrow bandwidth digital mode that enables keyboard communications with very low power typically 10 watts and occasionally SSB (Single Side Band) for voice communication. Favourite bands are 6 meters and 20 meters.

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Go on guess, I dare you.

It has a Brave badge on the dash, on the passenger side, so if you hold a driving licence, and happen to ride shot gun in our Winnie, you kind of get the irony! Not quite so so bad I been informed by non drivers.

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Well himself spent his early years in Newcastle hence the first clue, then whilst in the RAF at Sir Fon (Anglesey), he came across the Dragon a real live original Welsh one, I guess he couldn't run very fast. :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
ours is obvious - yes our camper got trashed

not just the first one, but he 2nd one too

We know what our new username will be when eventually we get our new motorhome but the story behind it may never be revealed

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Salopia....The original name for the County of Shropshire ! Therefore as I am based in that county I am a Salopian !
Frankie(Yodeli) panicked a little bit as a Salop means something quite different in France !
Do your research !!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Salopia....The original name for the County of Shropshire ! Therefore as I am based in that county I am a Salopian !
Frankie(Yodeli) panicked a little bit as a Salop means something quite different in France !
Do your research !!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

hehehe no wonder she was shocked, you seem such a nice person to be called that

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Think I may have posted this somewhere before but anyway here goes as I find my username mentioned. :Smile:

G4GMO is my amateur radio callsign assigned to me by the govt body at the time in 1977 or thereabouts. I originally held a B license G8KNB from 1975 which limited me to the VHF/UHF radio bands, generally only useful for local contacts and occasionally contacts with stations in Europe, so after taking a morse test I could then apply for the A license which authorised me to transmit on the HF bands and make contacts with stations all round the world which I have held ever since. More can be found here by searching the database for G4GMO http://www.qrz.com/index.html

I am not currently very active on the radio but occasionally will get on PSK31, a very narrow bandwidth digital mode that enables keyboard communications with very low power typically 10 watts and occasionally SSB (Single Side Band) for voice communication. Favourite bands are 6 meters and 20 meters.

CQ dx

been silent for along time....

G1CIV

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Sundowner is another name for an Australian hobo (tramp) - he sleeps where the sun goes down - we lived and travelled in Australia for 7 years and thought the name appropriate and as we are two we are known as the Sundowners who are now fulltiming.

Nigel and Pamala - today from a sunny Montana, USA - arrived at sundown.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Posted before but here goes, when I first joined FUN I worked for Dylans Restaurant as Secretary/PA and lived in Wales so hence Dylan - simples
Eileen ( and occasionally partner Mark ! )

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Mine is fairly straight forward it's the last half of me Christian name (Raymond) I was named that many years ago by my youngest sister just for fun but thats all my family call me now!!

I was going to use my old Recce Platoon radio call sign from when I was in the army..which was Six Zero Charlie but I thought people would think I was ripping of the SAS call Sign Bravo Two Zero..So Mondo it was

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
Mine's simple. I used to drive a rav4 and my hubby started nicknamed me rav4girly. Now I drive a Clio but still miss my Rav.

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Mine's simple. I used to drive a rav4 and my hubby started nicknamed me rav4girly. Now I drive a Clio but still miss my Rav.

Not changed to cliogirly, then?
Wyn

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Well I have to say how pleased I was with the popularity of this thread. Some of the responses turned out to be quite different from what I had expected. Thank you to all who took the time to reply. I wonder if any others would care to explain thier usernames. I am finding them to be quite interesting. Maybe we should try and come up with a more inspiring one!:Blush:

Wyn

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jaws.. Its simply my initials ..
Father thought I was going to be a king so named me after a selection of them !!.. John, Albert and William ( And that is how the company name came about too :thumb: )

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Ken & his brother used to deliver coal to my parents house in Knotty Ash,
So stuck a "y" on the end.

:roflmto:

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
All my family are called LODDY cause our last name is Loddington

Loddy :Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
When the girls, now grown up with families of thier own, were young, when we whent out for a sunday ride out they would always ask " where are we going" my response was alway the same, " where ever the wind takes us". As they got older the oldest would always answer the same question "going with the wind", which then developed into, yes you guesed it, "gone with the wind"

Don

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Like so many others, ours is very simple, since the boys left home it's just TheTwoOfUs.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Dreadfully ho-hum and prosaic I'm afraid.
d00e5a1c6cbcbb43.gif

John Douglas are my first and second names, so...
JayDee.

It's also a username I had on Hotmail or Yahoo (or maybe MSN) years ago.

Pat (the missus) isn't on the forum in her own right so she's Mrs JayDee.

Anybody who knows their Tartans will easily be able to work out my surname from the avatar.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back