Internet Use In France (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Well spotted. I didn't get as far as the reviews.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
A couple of the answers to questions on the link suggest it won't work in a mifi or a dongle. They seem to be saying it's for phones only.

I seem to remember that the SIM in my mifi is a data specific one. You can't use it in a phone for calls or texts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yes but that does entail going to Macdonalds. We managed to avoid the dreaded burger chain for most of our recent french trip
Don't forget, McD also do bottles of chilled water, juice and smoothies, so you don't have to eat the horrible food :)

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hello,
I was looking at 3 site this morning, there seems some really sensible deals on there.
I've used the 3 gb /3 month sim before & it was very good. Can be topped up as PAYG after the 3 month period expires.
I was taken by the 30 day contract mifi. Looking at the deals, 5 gb was £15.99 plus £30 for the mifi. but if you need more, 10 gb is only £16.02. That sounds to me to be ideal & they come under the feel at home banner.
As it's 30 day contract you can cancel the day after it starts.
Barrie.

Reactions: DBK

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A couple of the answers to questions on the link suggest it won't work in a mifi or a dongle. They seem to be saying it's for phones only.

I seem to remember that the SIM in my mifi is a data specific one. You can't use it in a phone for calls or texts.
Yes the link I gave is for smart phones but you can tether to android devices without them knowing AFAIK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Some of the reviews of that sim are pretty damming. A lot of them graded just one star. But perhaps people bought it to do something it can't.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Some of the reviews of that sim are pretty damming. A lot of them graded just one star.

My reviews of Three in general would be that apart from the one star bit. They wouldn't even get that.

I have a Three payg sim in my mifi only because Addie at Motorhome wifi convinced me there wasn't really a better option for Europe. If I ever have a problem with it I will throw it away and buy something else rather than speak to the evil unhelpful malicious slimy maggots that they call a customer service department.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014

Barts

Free Member
May 5, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
We have 3 recommend them there are fantastic Whenever we have needed help they are always so helpful they have even phoned us back to make sure all is okay . All our calls and text from France were all free

Deleted User
Well, I like McD's quarter pounders with cheese, I also like most other foods......not a lot that I don't eat and enjoy.

Much maligned are McD's burgers:)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I wish someone would run a weekend course on getting on the web abroad etc. There seem to be so many options I am completely confused. Perhaps I should stop at home...?

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We have 3 recommend them there are fantastic Whenever we have needed help they are always so helpful they have even phoned us back to make sure all is okay . All our calls and text from France were all free
I second that, I've only got Data sims, and I've found them very helpful, not the most tech savvy but they try. A geographical phone no as well

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back