Internet on ACSI French sites? (1 Viewer)

peterpan44

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
We are planning a trip for 4 weeks at the end of September maybe going down the West coast of France but mainly along the South of France. We plan to stop on sites in the ACSI book as much as possible.
We have never been to France before.
What is the internet like on these sites? Ideally we would like sites that has WiFi throughout the site so we can get WiFi in the motorhome for our 12 year old son instead of having to sit in or near a cafe/pub.
Any other advice about travelling through France and maybe Italy would be appreciated.
Thankyou
Peter

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
The ACSI guide gives info on whether WiFi is available/chargeable. We;ve found that if it's free, it's on offer at the bar, if chargeable, then it's throughout the site. Charges are more reasonable fror long term usage than for an hour or so. Here I've just paid 17 Euros for four days, which I can live with!

The ACSI card is brilliant - this site at Guidel in Brittany is 14 Euros and is one of the best I've stayed on. And they accept the cardf as ID, so you keep your passport!

Enjoy.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have found the 7 day deals best

Some sites do it by the day or 3 days or a week.. we have found it reasonable on the whole.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Its usually much better than the UK, but its variable. Charges vary from free to 3 or 4 euros per hour. Connectivity varies from everywhere in the site to just in the bar(which is usually free). Speed and reliability also vary.

The ACSI guide gives a clue, but we have found it not to be wholly reliable.

But overall we have usually been able to connect at free, or reasonable, charges.

Also if you are out and about, many town halls in france provide free use of their computers/internet. (although this can be challenging because a french keyboard is not the same as the UK one!)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I plugged into the wifi of the local tourist office in Tours last month. That was with my iboost wifi widget. It was free and very fast.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back