TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Brian, I work at RAF Linton On Ouse, maintaining Tucano aircraft for the RAF.
My previous avatar was of a crashed Catalina taken while working in Saudi Arabia.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

That beats the average job. Nothing less that 100% will do, a lot of satisfaction there. I was sorry to see the Brazilians getting the order when Slingsby had an alternative but have to admit it looks the part.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
I put my dad on the internet when he was about 76yrs old. I did this because my dad was desperate for a mate and was propositioning any female he saw, irrespective of their age. He lost a lot of money on one girl i call sex on legs.

My dad dated quite a few lovely elderly ladies, who only wanted to be friends/companions, they were set in their ways, and happy with life. It was good for him to go to the opera, gardens etc. He did eventually meet a lady, and wasted no time in getting married. about 1 month it took. They had 4 wonderful years together before they died.

I don't think your heart stops when you spot someone across the room. I could be wrong, but its never happened to me. You can fall in love or have a connection with someone, after you spend good times together.

The problem is where to find her?
The internet is a good start. plenty of fish has a silver ie mature persons site. Don't use the normal plenty of fish. Like someone said, cc, and c and cc have rallies, where most of the attendees are female. Age concern and coach travelling trips, are mostly mature females. On facebook, look for singles clubs in your area, for the mature person, there will be one, also there is a very good site called meetup.com. Very mixed range of activities and ages. Some only geared towards the mature person.

Keep on running to keep yourself in shape, and the mental high you get will keep you chirpy, maybe join a running club.

One mature gent was in a similar position as yourself....i even think it might be you, but with a different name. He sold his house, brought a caravan, moved onto a cheap caravan site, joined all the walking and dance clubs in the lake district, never was short of dates and company. But still had not found a partner who wanted to travel Europe in a motorhome or caravan.

Surprisingly, THERE ARE A LOT of solo men on this site in similar situations, more so than solo females. The trouble is hooking every one up. I started a thread ...solos state your position, for the purpose of solos to meet up. I have noticed that a lot of men who are on the road travelling solo, have not stated their position. I was to meet two gents in your situation in France, however due to the fuel shortage, i could not travel to meet them and returned home. I am due to travel to Brighton/ east sussex(waiting on the weather) to meet 2 solo men, one who is thinking of selling his van, because of the emptiness of solo travelling. That's when i started the solos state your location thread. I have since met one solo woman, due to meet another, and meeting another gent. That would be 5 solos in a month. More than i have met in 20years solo wildcamping.

Now i am not meeting them for a relationship, but to make friends and hopefully someone will do a rally for solos. Dave something or other is organising one in sept/October for spain and elsewhere. Im not saying you will meet your partner. But as we all in the same boat, you wont be going on outings alone, or sitting in your van alone.

There is a face book page of about 300 solo females in Europe. There are a few couples. If you message the organiser she might let you join. I will send you the details.

good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Hi Norman - we had hoped to meet you at the Beadnell THS that we ended up going to at the last minute on the last bank holiday, but never mind, I'm sure we will catch up soon (y)
Godfrey and I met "across a crowded room" just over 2 years ago. I'd been internet dating for the previous 14 years after my then husband traded me in for a younger model :wondering:
I met a couple of really nice guys in those 14 years but, my heart (never mind my head) just wasn't in the right place. So I had some great dates and experiences which I don't regret.
The reason my user name is The Happy Couple is because both Godfrey's and my friends keep asking us, because we seem so well suited is - when are we getting married?
The truth is we probably never will. We have an implicit trust in each other and we also maintain separate homes but share the motorhome, because the wanderlust is in us both.
There are a lot of complete nutters out there in the Internet dating world, both male and female. So yes, keep your wits about you on the Internet dating thing. The old adage of, if something seems too good to be true ..... is pretty much correct.
Getting yourself "out there" is definitely the way to go but be careful how you go.
Good luck
Sharon and Godfrey

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Don't try to hard, that can attracted the wrong ones.....also don't hide who you really are.......just be you, the real you.
Robert found out very quickly that I am as mad as a mad box of frogs & that I have a flip side where I can be shy.........we are all different, that's what makes us unique.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
(y)
Don't try to hard, that can attracted the wrong ones.....also don't hide who you really are.......just be you, the real you.
Robert found out very quickly that I am as mad as a mad box of frogs & that I have a flip side where I can be shy.........we are all different, that's what makes us unique.
"mad as a box of frogs ?" you sound quite normal to me:):):)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Many thanks peoples, I shall indeed keep you all posted when I decide to join, yet again, a dating site.
Take care all,
Norman.
Norman may I suggest that you do not use the same avatar as you do on here .... The Grim Reaper may put people off. :)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My previous avatar was of a crashed Catalina taken while working in Saudi Arabia.
A wonderous nostalgic machine
DSC_0369-X3.jpg

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Movan,
But that is the best photograph I have of me ;) Damn difficult to take a good photo of myself I discovered awhile ago, kept on waiting for a good day :whistle2:

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Great photograph Andy thanks, watched a Cat flying around at Duxford last weekend.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
But that is the best photograph I have of me ;) Damn difficult to take a good photo of myself I discovered awhile ago, kept on waiting for a good day :whistle2:

You could use this one...............

1546.jpg

not sure it would help though...............:whistle:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I rescued, sorry, met, our lass on a dating site 12 years ago :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now all you have to do is keep us nosey women informed of how it's going. ;)

"Our eyes met, she was picking a frozen chicken, I was looking at Fray Bentos pies. My heart started thumping. I dropped the short crust chicken and mushroom pie, my hands were shaking. I felt a stirring I've not had for many a long year. I walked over to frozen chicken, crabs and seafood". I stuttered, "chicken, my favourite food, do you think we could share a chicken ?"

She looked up and said "Еюж попюльо доминг промпта ат. Эю нык квуым чэнзэрет еракюндйа.".

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
"Our eyes met, she was picking a frozen chicken, I was looking at Fray Bentos pies. My heart started thumping. I dropped the short crust chicken and mushroom pie, my hands were shaking. I felt a stirring I've not had for many a long year. I walked over to frozen chicken, crabs and seafood". I stuttered, "chicken, my favourite food, do you think we could share a chicken ?"

She looked up and said "Еюж попюльо доминг промпта ат. Эю нык квуым чэнзэрет еракюндйа.".

Brian, sounds like a line from your novel - '50 Shades of Brown' .........

..(y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Love the cat, it purrs through the sky.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You know when you have just sent a text and then wish that you hadn't, I also may regret posting this but it is either this or the other, again !!

A brief history, I was happily married for 38 years until my wife developed the illness that she died of in 2008 so quite awhile ago now and although life goes on, as indeed it must, it just isn't the same.

After a number of years alone and 3 years into a relationship with another lady we both sold our properties and bought the property that I now live in alone, the reason being that after 5 months of living together the lady decided that she preferred to be on her own, she had previously been alone for 16 years.

So, another year down the line and aged 69, body slowly deteriorating but continuing to work as it is basically my social life, but I do also enjoy the job and I get paid for doing my hobby.

I am still reasonably active managing to run 30 miles a week although I am beginning to wonder the wisdom of competitive racing as I am naturally slowing down which winds me up, I don't need to run 5 miles badly to know that I can run 5 miles badly but it gets me out.

I am trying the solo motorhoming scene but to be honest I am finding it difficult to do anything as a solo, meeting couples unfortunately simply emphasises the fact that I am alone, catch 22.

So, should I be grateful that I have had the " happy ever after until death us do part" life that many people never find in the first place, eg, the lady who left me or should I press the button and say hello to the dating scene again, again :unsure:

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts thanks. As I said earlier I may regret posting this but if nothing else it has passed a little time and I detest football :whistle:

Norman.
Thing about internet dating is it brings together people who would never have met in a 1000 years. So even if it does not work out the way you hoped, you have still widened your social circle.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Norman...
NO REGRETS !!
DO IT !!
It is much easier for a male to do the dating thing, which I often think is a VERY brave thing for a woman to do !!!
Do it WITHOUT great expectations.. It may well surprise you !!
You are an intelligent, fit and talented man...
DO IT !!!
I wish you all the good luck in the world..
Come back on an tell us the success story when it happens....
Because it WILL !!
Cape Deum ......
Mitch.

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
I have done it several years back, its all cool! Nothing to woory about except YOUR expectations and what you want from someone... its not like shopping for a partner, which I think many expect. yes there are some nutballs, some loads of baggage, (yourself included if truth be known I guess) Shy ones, and some that just want sex and that's it. I once wrote over 600 e mails over a year, with phone calls, etc to one in south africa, love of my life i thought, went out, met, stayed 4 days and got back on a plane to realise in her head, all fantasy. would i do it again?......

Yeah.... its what living and experiencing life is all about. Its not a crime to live alone and be happy with yourself or to take a risk from the normal... Rock and roll!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
10+ years ago a widowed gentleman - who shall remain nameless in case he's reading this - had a 'lonely heart' letter published in the MMM magazine.

As you can imagine he was inundated with replies - especially as they had included his email address in the advert :LOL:

He narrowed down the search and then set off in a round-the-UK tour in his motorhome, meeting the chosen ladies in turn.

None of them turned out to be suitable but soon afterwards he was sitting on a seafront bench in his hometown and struck up a conversation with the lady sitting next to him. They were married not long afterwards and remain happily together to this day, as far as I know.

I'm a great believer in fate taking a hand in these decisions :)

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Short story time,
Joined a dating site, met a great looking lady that I liked a lot and she also liked me.
Met twice and two months later she decided that her terminally ill son deserved her attention more than I did.
I regrettably have to agree with her so here I am back on my own, so please DO NOT watch this space :doh:

Reactions: DBK

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Short story time,
Joined a dating site, met a great looking lady that I liked a lot and she also liked me.
Met twice and two months later she decided that her terminally ill son deserved her attention more than I did.
I regrettably have to agree with her so here I am back on my own, so please DO NOT watch this space :doh:
It will happen when you aren't looking or least expect it so try not to worry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back