Internet access (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Might be okay for e-mails and occasional web browsing. There is no audio capability, so VOIP is a no-no. Also, security issues regarding the product have been raised.

Having said that, would love to get my hands on one for an hour.

Oh, and it's free for 20 hours per MONTH usage - You can upgrade for 5.99 to unlimited, but I suspect my usage would be classed as "unfair".

Link Removed gives a fairly good overview - make sure you read the comments too!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I saw a post about it on another forum so did a Google and the results were a bit of a mixture.

Currently I use my mobile linked via bluetooth to either PDA or laptop, which works OK for e-mail (main usage in the van) so I think I'd like to see the pocketsurfer in operation before committing myself.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
PocketSurfer 3 is now out, has anyone bought any PocketSurfer?

ShiftZZ

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
PocketSurfer 3 is now out, has anyone bought any PocketSurfer?

ShiftZZ

I saw the pocket 2 surfer in operation (a motorhomer from Keswick was showing me) emails...veerrrryyyyyyyyy slowwwwwww but hey it worked not sure I would go down that line.
Mel in France

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
pocket surfer

We have a pocket surfer 2. We will be at the Shepton Mallet show in September, if anyone wants to look + have a go, i find it usefull just to view my emails, news weather, that is once i worked out how to use the thing! We are looking for an alternative.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I looked at them but decided to go with a wireless dongle to use with the laptop. Subsequently, because the laptop is a bit big for lugging with us in the van I bought a netbook (running XP to be compatible with the dongle) for not a lot more than the Pocketsurfer costs.

Being XP I could, if necessary, load software I use for business and use the netbook to do some work whilst away. It also means we can use the e-mail software we are used to and can easily create an extra back up copy of important files to take with us.

Horses for courses though, computers are only tools when all's said & done. As Brian says, try before you buy and see if it suits what you want to do.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back