Internal silver colour screens (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I've just bought a set of these from CAK Tanks to fit in my MH. Wow! What a difference they make to the interior temperature.
At the moment the van is parked in full sun shining on the windscreen till about 2pm. With the screens in place it is so much cooler inside.
If anyone is thinking of getting these screens and is dithering over whether they will be useful, stop dithering and buy them
I was told at a dealers that I would really only need them in the winter to keep out the cold.
Glad I didn't listen! They are lightweight and easy to store too
Allan

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
I've been thinking of getting a set for ages, you've just encouraged me to get some. So I've just ordered a set, many thanks. Teepee.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
one problem with internal silver screens in summer is the temperature of the air between the screens and the glass. it increases the surface temperature of the glass and can cause any chips to become cracks. external screens reflect the heat before it reaches the glass and the van is even cooler:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
one problem with internal silver screens in summer is the temperature of the air between the screens and the glass. it increases the surface temperature of the glass and can cause any chips to become cracks. external screens reflect the heat before it reaches the glass and the van is even cooler:thumb:

Not to mention the condensation ::bigsmile: which you don't get with external screens.

Mike

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've just bought a set of these from CAK Tanks to fit in my MH. Wow! What a difference they make to the interior temperature.
At the moment the van is parked in full sun shining on the windscreen till about 2pm. With the screens in place it is so much cooler inside.
If anyone is thinking of getting these screens and is dithering over whether they will be useful, stop dithering and buy them
I was told at a dealers that I would really only need them in the winter to keep out the cold.
Glad I didn't listen! They are lightweight and easy to store too
Allan

well that's (many) dealer's for you ....clueless. :Doh:

Internal screens have next to no thermal properties...they simply reflect the suns rays.
You would get the same result from baking foil.

External screens are thermally insulated and retain heat in the van

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
These screens are thermal screens, not quite as efficient as external covers, but they are lightweight, don't get dirty and go on and off easily
They certainly do the job in the sun, I will find out how they are in the winter and decide then if I need external ones. But for now, they are ideal
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
should have said, I have a set of both. I use the externals all year and can leave cab windows open behind them for ventilation. I fit both when im in very cold weather of below -4, keeps the van toasty and warm with no condensation or cold spot in the cab. both have their uses with plus and minus points for each version

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back