Internal or eternal BBQ point GASIT (1 Viewer)

Sopworth

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Keen to buy 1st MH
Exp
Hi,
We have the Gasit system fitted in our motor home. Having purchased a Cadec grill I’m looking at options for a gas supply for it.
I know I can fit an external BBQ point, which I’m tempted to do myself to the gas locker door. But is there any other options open to me with this system? Is there an option to connect up inside the locker so I don’t have to cut a hole in it?
Anyone done either of these approaches and could throw some light on the process?
Thank you

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Lots of options. I think most Cadacs can take a low pressure gas supply (you need to check this, as some of the more expensive makes have the regulator built in and require high pressure gas straight from a bottle). Then it is a simple matter of plumbing in the BBQ point. I personally prefer the Bullfinch quarter turn connector, but I'm probably in a minority. Whilst a connector can be fitted to a door, it is actually best to connect to something that doesn't move so much, so the supply isn't subject to so much fatigue stress. I'd always fit a manual isolation valve in addition to the one built into the outlet. Be careful with positioning in relation to awnings. A BBQ in an enclosed awning is asking for CO poisoning.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What MH have you got and where is the filler for your system?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I fitted mine in the gas locker and just throw my pipe under the van. I didn’t want to dig a hole in the side
7CFD7EBA-AACF-4A5F-84E0-A1FBF4487172.jpeg

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Plenty of good options, none of them involve fitting an outlet in a door that will move. Install inside the gas locker and leave door open to use. or fit near the fridge and tap into the fridge gas supply. Easy enough to do and if the van is not rented out, legal to do yourself

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sopworth

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Keen to buy 1st MH
Exp
Plenty of good options, none of them involve fitting an outlet in a door that will move. Install inside the gas locker and leave door open to use. or fit near the fridge and tap into the fridge gas supply. Easy enough to do and if the van is not rented out, legal to do yourself
I’ve only found external points when I’ve been searching. What are you suggesting when you say inside the locker?

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It’s a Swift Escape and the filler is inside the locker.
What model/year? The reason I'm asking is so I can have a shuftie at photos and see what the locker etc situation is and thus make more specific suggestions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sopworth

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Keen to buy 1st MH
Exp
What model/year? The reason I'm asking is so I can have a shuftie at photos and see what the locker etc situation is and thus make more specific suggestions.
Escape 695. 2017 model.
Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
You can get quick release gas fittings and flexable thermoplastic gas pipe. Think the pipe is available from gas it and/or ebay. The pipe is used on vehicle gas conversions so been around for a while and can be used on either high or low pressure side of regulator.
As already suggested a fixed point connection in the locker and longish length of this piping.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I assume it's like the below:

1616456035464.png

You could put a connector below the skirt next to the side of the step where its likely to be stronger - by dropping the pipe down through the gas locker drop vents (make a hole in the mesh etc), you could also put a fill point there too to save you having to open the locker door when refilling (turn the cylinders off BEFORE you go into the station to fill so they don't know they're cylinders). You can get smaller fillers and could also put a BBQ quick release connector in a small 'box' type cover too to protect it from dirt etc rather than go for the usual BBQ connectors. You'd need to put a manifold/isolation tap in the gas locker itself for the BBQ though so for safely you can turn off the lpg point when its not in use.

Smaller filler type (square) and other bits and bobs:

Quick release BBQ connector:

1616456863351.png

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back