Internal Lock options... (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi.
Next on the list of "mods" is to increase the security of the Van, it's a Transit and obviously as safe as a handbag in Barcelona ...
So I reckon the options are:
http://www.milenco.com/products/security/recreational-vehicle-door-locks/cab-door-lock#photos
I don't like the look of these but do like the option to lock them, so if some little scumbag gets in through the window it's harder for him to get out.
Or..

Looks better but not sure if I like it without a key.
I know neither of these are top security items but the idea is to stop any smartarse waking us up in the middle of the night (once he got past the killer labradoodle) and also to stop the doors being opened when we are away from the van. Got an outside security lock on hab door so that is OK when we ain't in.
Any experience of these?
Many thanks
Vans

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
These were fitted to my van when I got it, seem to work ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks for the feedback but I am looking more for a lock than an alarm.... which might be next on the list ;-) Whilst the dog is with us she will hear anyone at around 100 yards..
Ta

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi.
Next on the list of "mods" is to increase the security of the Van, it's a Transit and obviously as safe as a handbag in Barcelona ...
So I reckon the options are:
http://www.milenco.com/products/security/recreational-vehicle-door-locks/cab-door-lock#photos
I don't like the look of these but do like the option to lock them, so if some little scumbag gets in through the window it's harder for him to get out.
Or..

Looks better but not sure if I like it without a key.
I know neither of these are top security items but the idea is to stop any smartarse waking us up in the middle of the night (once he got past the killer labradoodle) and also to stop the doors being opened when we are away from the van. Got an outside security lock on hab door so that is OK when we ain't in.
Any experience of these?
Many thanks
Vans
I fitted the Milenco ones and somewhere on here I posted a thread about their fitting. They need very careful positioning and drilling. They can be defeated if you don't lock them but are a useful deterrent, which is all these things ever are. They won't stop them breaking in if they want to.

Edit: here it is: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/milenco-cab-door-deadlocks.114749/

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Just to "box this off"...
I have just fitted the locks onto the van. A bit of a PITA due to the Transit door frame (2007) not having a lot of space so tight on the screws at the bottom. First one was hard, second one was easy on. I may add something technical like a piece of wood to fill the gap so no space at all for the door to open, belt and braces and all that.
Chuffed, many thanks for the help.

Attachments

• vandoor lock.jpg
    vandoor lock.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 32

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
BROKEN LINK

Casman

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
5 years
I secure the cab doors on my Fiat Ducato by running the seat belts through the arm rests and into the seat belt clasp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back