Internal / External Water Pump - Auto Trail Scout SE (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout SE
Exp
Since 2015
Apologies if I sound a bit Tim nice but Dim (sorry Tim's) but I'm struggling getting my head round this.

When I fill the water tank via the external filler cap I'm filling the one and only tank? Is this correct?

So why would there be 2 pumps. The book states you fill the external tank and this fills the internal tank via the external pump and the internal tank passes to your taps via the internal pump. This confuses me. Does it mean the water heater? Is it referring to this as an internal tank?

Also I have a prime option for 1 minute external to internal on the control unit. What does this actually do?

Anyone able to explain in simple terms as I'm new to this van and its features as I'm from a caravan background.

Thanks.

Dave.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
External pump selection should make live 12 volt contacts at you water filler to connect an external pump with hose that goes into a water butt like on caravans

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hello Tim and welcome.
We have a 2004 Apache which is similar to the Scout.We fill up from empty with a hose and this fills the water tank under the Mh.Then you turn on the pump on the control board and this fills the boiler ie hot water tank.As far as I know there's only one pump in the van
Perhaps as Techno states it's for use when pumping water into your filler cap from a drum or aqua roll .

Vlad

OP
OP
Dave Flegg
Mar 8, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout SE
Exp
Since 2015
Cheers for the responses. I thought that Techno100 but I habe t been able to find an external power point for said pump. I had this facility on my old caravan and have already purchased a pump so I can top up from external bottle when away from a tap (usually at festivals) and have added a 12V cig lighter connection so I use this but havent found an existing 12V supply point in this area. Any ideas where it should be or are you just speculating that this would be its use.

Vlad. I agree with you that there only seems to one tank so the instruction book has been misleading.

Thanks again for your responses.

Dave.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have two ways of filling out tank. One straight from a fill point and one from a container, see pictures. Note the 'box' on the end of the hose. There is a 12volt submersible pump in the container powered by the contacts shown.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread