Free Member
Jan 18, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor
Exp
Just over a year
Hi everyone. Having 'lurked' for a few months, I've now signed up as there is a wealth of knowledge, experience and fun on here that I want to be part of!

Me and my wife Lou and our two Spaniels (a Cocker and Springer) originally started off in a DAF Convoy conversion to test the water, after little over 12 months we upgraded to a Swift Suntor on a Fiat Ducatto chassis which we've had for 3 months and love!

All weather MH'ers from Lincolnshire, we've done North Norfolk and Derbyshire and most recently (2nd January) went to the North Yorks moors for 4 days. Just in the process of booking up our first trip abroad to France, last week of April. The boys already have their pet passports, so I'm reading up and learning lots from all the posts about travelling on the continent and can't wait to go.

More soon!

Si

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Hello and welcome. Motorhoming in France is great with clearer roads and loads of places to stop. I hate to bring up the B****t word but do keep an eye out in case the requirements for pet passports change. We're holding off travelling until its clearer.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated hi-puppy-smiley-emoticon.gif
animated welcome group purple.gif

and to the doggies

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi everyone. Having 'lurked' for a few months, I've now signed up as there is a wealth of knowledge, experience and fun on here that I want to be part of!

Me and my wife Lou and our two Spaniels (a Cocker and Springer) originally started off in a DAF Convoy conversion to test the water, after little over 12 months we upgraded to a Swift Suntor on a Fiat Ducatto chassis which we've had for 3 months and love!

All weather MH'ers from Lincolnshire, we've done North Norfolk and Derbyshire and most recently (2nd January) went to the North Yorks moors for 4 days. Just in the process of booking up our first trip abroad to France, last week of April. The boys already have their pet passports, so I'm reading up and learning lots from all the posts about travelling on the continent and can't wait to go.

More soon!

Si
Welcome! Without wishing to put a spanner in the works your pet passports won't be sufficient if Brexit goes badly. Hopefully, all will be fine but this is not certain. It is all down to whether the UK will be classed as a Third Country which will happen automatically unless the EU puts us on the list of "safe" countries. This is where we should be but they have to make it happen.

There have been a few threads on this subject on the Forum but given the subject they do tend to get a bit heated. :) In brief, and following the Government's advice, to be reasonably certain of being able to take a dog into the EU in the event of no deal the animal needs a blood test three months before the date of travel. Our dog is having his test next week so we can be certain (hopefully :)) of travelling to France and Italy in May.

Or just take a chance and hope Brexit is delayed or we leave with a deal. Take your choice! :)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi and a big welcome, its always refreshing to see new sign ups (Funsters), hopefully you will be able to share all your experiences, both good & not so good and teach us all something new, and broaden horizons(y)
Best wishes to you both and "the boys"
Happy Travels.
Les & TinaL

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
:ello:
:WelcomeFlag:

You’ll love France, nearly everyone does, once out of the towns/cities the roads are very quiet, just keep your eye on the French drivers, their standard of driving doesn’t seem to be up to ours!
The Aires are plentiful, if you don’t like/feel comfortable in one move to another.
If you come over in winter it seems as tho you can park anywhere!
Have fun.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome Suntor Si...!!!

As a couple have mentioned with the pet passports if all things "B" related fall apart...don't forget to sort yourself out regarding your licence and insurance.

You'll need a green card, the new ones of which the MIB aren't producing for the insurance companies until March and you'll need a 1968 Convention IDP (international driving permit) for France. Again these won't be available until February and will only be available from the Post Office.

If you fancy Spain & Ireland, a further 1949 Convention IDP will be required and just as above will only be available from the Post Office from February.

Each costs £5.50 plus a passport photo.

Enjoy your new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back