LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I am not sure what to make of this. Just bought a new Bailey Autograph 682. It has a series of downlighters under the overhead cupboards in the habitation area. Each can be switched on/off individually (touch sensitive). However, the whole lot light up when the ignition is switched off, (a bit like the cab courtesy light, but they remain lit).
I spoke to the dealers who say this is how it's meant to work. It seems strange to me that every time I stop the engine I have to go into the rear of the hab area and individually switch off half a dozen lights!

Dealer says the alternative is to turn off all lighting on the control panel.:cautious:

I tried speaking to Bailey but they won't let you! All queries are in writing only!

Wyn

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@WynandJean - you arn't by any chance dealing with Brownhills are you?
When I bought my Autocruise from them nearly 4 years ago they told me the same - 'that's how it should be' - It was a load of b****cks!!

is there another one you can look at, at a different dealer?

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
@WynandJean - you arn't by any chance dealing with Brownhills are you?
When I bought my Autocruise from them nearly 4 years ago they told me the same - 'that's how it should be' - It was a load of b****cks!!

is there another one you can look at, at a different dealer?
No, not Brownhills (but we have looked there). The dealer is going to look into it. It's not a major problem but just wondered if it is how they all are.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
I had a issue with Mercedes a few years ago I sent a letter to the MD (name from the web page)
I put all the info about my queiry in a letter and mark it Private and confidenitial I did get a reply back in about 4 days and it sorted the problem I might be worth a try.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
sounds like it could be a useful feature in normal use, that is you pull up and stop somewhere, having lights in the rear would be lovely in the dark, but not so in broad daylight and even worse if you are arriving home and just want to get out and go in o_O

typical of designed in by someone who has bright ideas but never uses them :(

if as a habit you turn off the habitation switch before travel, I guess they do not come on then, you might need to use a new procedure for the new motorhome

put it down to progress o_Oo_O

Gorm-man

Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Funster No
We have a Bailey 79-4T New June 2017. We like the layout, bright inside and comfortable. 16 faults found within our first week one of them which is still not resolved is the downlighter lights which are switched on and off by touch as is the kitchen light. We find that they switch themselves on and off during the night. There is clearly a system management fault with these lights. We are still waiting for Bailey to come up with a solution other than replacing the fittings. We are very experienced in relation to caravans, campervans and now motor homes having enjoyed them for over forty years. Bailey is good on design and ideas, but very poor in relation to build quality and finishing. The externally located water pump also presents a problem as Whale documentation say the pump must be fitted vertically and Bailey have it fixed horizontally as a result when air gets into the system you can not get it fully cleared. Bailey are quick to respond to e-mails but then leave the dealership to try and fix the problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back