Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
minibus conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi guys this is my first post after introducing myself so here goes.I've just started to convert my minibus into a motorhome, most of the furniture and fitting are coming from an old tourer. I have been looking high and low forthe cladding boards that caravans/motorhomes are fitted out with inside without much success does anyone have any ideas on where i can get this stuff or should I just board out with hardboard/mdf/ply and wallpaper? Any advise would be most appreciated.:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk

Fantastic supplier.

Also worth joining
http://www.sbmcc.co.uk

I have converted two now. I used 3mm ply wood in the current one and then used trunk liner. It doesn't look as professional as a flimsy but it has a warmer feel and sounds less like a box inside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You may want to look here for ideas

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. these days the manufacturers use vohringer boards but its very expensive.
having used hardboard years ago its much better to use 3mm ply . i wallpapered mine 11yrs ago .its getting ready to be done again. in recent years when doing truck campers have used my mates duraflake system. its a resin based covering . that as coloured flakes blown on .you can also have a glitter mix. its water tight we use it in the shower rooms and even as a wet room. you see it in hotels rooms or recreation centers . my mate seems to be the only one doing it round here .he tells me others do it around the country. have thought about doing mine in it but so far havent made my mind up. some of you may know purple bob with the purple daf 45 his was the first one we did in it still looks nice 5 yrs later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back