Interesting weekend ( for the wrong reason ! ) (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Climbed in to bed about midnight on Saturday.

Suddenly awoke to the dread sound of the water pump going ten to the dozen.. this was about 1.50 am

Leapt out of bed ( literally as I was up in the cave ) and hit the button to turn the pump off

No obvious signs but had an idea what had happened as we once had a leak under the rear 'step up' to the back bunk bed

Soooooooo.. getting on for 2am I get the tools out ( yer, nutter or what ! ) and started taking things apart

Removed cupboard doors to allow the removal of the rear step, rear step and ............ nothing ! Well a bit of a puddle but no obvious signs of where it came from

Craining my neck to try and see the suspected problem area I turned on the water

AAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceiling wet, cooker wet, coats hanging up wet, even the top bunk wet all in less than 2 seconds

The hot water pipe running round to the kitchen sink had split ..

Sooo.. temporary repair ( read t piece with the t bit blocked with a self taper wrapped in ptfe tape !! ) was made.
Finally got back to sleep about 4 am :cry:

Spent 3 hours yesterday replacing the whole line right from the boiler take off round to the tap..
Looking carefully at the old pipe, I find a manufacturing fault line along about a meter of it ...
Bloody Italians !!! :Doh: :ROFLMAO:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Turn water pump off at night before bed and when you leave the van to go out better to find a leak during the day me thinks. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Sue is always leaving the switch on

If you were to ask Sue what is my pet moan...OK I have a load I know.. but the one I am always on her case is..turn the water pump off.... why? just what has been demonstrated... plus the green light drives me round the bend... if it is off when not in use then no accidents can happen.

Bob:Blush:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh but what a hero! I bet Mo loves you John. Sandy would have woken me up to tell me about the leak. :roflmto::roflmto:

Ivy

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Quite happy to do the leaping about at 2 am
Would MUCH rather do that once every ten to fifteen years or so than have to turn the pump on and off at the panel several times a night cos she of me wanna wee...

It is easier to fix a water leak than replace the flimsy as it is called behind the touch control panel !!

Ivy, I would like you to continue to think well of me, but truth is I was on my own last week end at the bike show so NO chance of getting Woman involved :roflmto:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh bitter disappointment and what an entertainer JJ is - ooops he is too. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back